What type of bag to use with my portable setup?
Jan 29, 2002 at 8:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

FlurkingShnit

100+ Head-Fier
My portable setup will consist of:

Sony D-25S pcdp (I know it's not that great for portable use, but it sounds so much BETTER than my current pcdp and it has a line out, and I don't want to spend any more money for ANOTHER pcdp with a line out and anti skip)

Etymotic ER-4P w/ 4S conversion cable

JMT built CHA 47 altoids amp

A bunch (20-40) of cd's

I was looking at the headroom bags and I've heard good things about the Headroom Traveler Bag but I'm a little put off by the price. If that is indeed the bag to get I'd have to save up a little for it. Any other suggestions from more experienced Head-fi'ers?

Jan 29, 2002 at 8:15 AM Post #2 of 3
if you plan to use more than 24 CD's, go with the Case Logic KSDM-48. it's a 48-CD case with two pockets on the outside; one is for your CD player of course, and the other will fit an altoids amp just fine. it should work perfectly for you.

Jan 29, 2002 at 12:49 PM Post #3 of 3
I agree with Neruda. The traveler bag is great, I own it, but I am using a supreme, which is much larger than a JMT. I am sure you can get away with something smaller. His case logic choice sounds very good. The airbag might be a good choice though, because that was made for the airhead (similar in size to the JMT)and a player. I am not sure about storing cds however. The traveler is fantastic, but as you said, it is expensive. If you are willing to part with the money though, you are paying for quality. The thing was MADE for doing exactly what you want it for, and it is made of very high quality materials. I am very happy with mine...it makes putting everything together really simple. No trouble routing cables or anything. Considering the sweet setup you already have, you might as well finish the job by getting the perfect carrying case for it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back