What turntable do you recommend for my needs?
Jun 12, 2013 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

luneki

New Head-Fier
I have a lot of vinyl records which i want to listen, i'm not interested in the slightest in converting them to digital, i just want to listen to my old vinyls, now i've been reading though forums about the needle pressure in turntables and buying a vintage, i don't have too much money to spare, all i want/need is:
a reasonably priced turntable (preferably under 150 usd) that DOESN'Tdamage my old records and can plug to any speakers through RCA without the need for an amp.

For this i've been looking around and i'm really interested in the audio technica at-lp60, since i just want it for record playback apparently it shouldn't pose no trouble.

But which one would you recommend for my needs?

Jun 12, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #2 of 3
I think many of us are unfamiliar with turntables in this price range.  If you extended your budget to up to $500 I am sure that there would be at least 3 suggestions.  The Rega RP-1, ProJect Debut Carbon, and a few others.

In most cases you are probably going to be fine for casual listening with any new player from a reputable company like Audio Technica.  The issue in buying a used turntable is that the cartridge is usually hoses so you have to spend money on a new cartridge anyway.  At that point I usually save up another year and get a much better turntable.

I hope you find something and if you do be sure to inspect the cartridge and needle for damage / wear.

Jun 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 3
The AT-LP60 is your best bet. I'd recommend buying directly from Rakuten for their great return policy in case something goes bad within 30 days, and the price is unbeatable at $100.

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/214573401.html

EDIT this is also the USB version that is costlier than without so its a better deal than i thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back