What to upgrade to from NWZ-S618F
Apr 9, 2009 at 12:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Bigsy

Head-Fier
My Sony is on the blink, keeps losing volume in the left ear and I have to reset it to get it back..... so what do I upgrade to?

I don't mind about space, in fact the only things I care about are:

*Folder support (hate tag browsing).
*Don't like bright sounding players.
*Would prefer if it was quite compact ie I don't need/want a video player.

Thanks.

Apr 9, 2009 at 12:26 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Sony is on the blink, keeps losing volume in the left ear and I have to reset it to get it back..... so what do I upgrade to?

I don't mind about space, in fact the only things I care about are:

*Folder support (hate tag browsing).
*Don't like bright sounding players.
*Would prefer if it was quite compact ie I don't need/want a video player.

Thanks.

What about the warmer sounding Sony NWZ A72x/82x series? They're definitely not bright, plus they have a very decent soundstage in comparison with my A808 and the 639 that I had briefly
smily_headphones1.gif

The 72x/82x are both video players too, but they're still extremely compact. The 829 is hardly bigger than my 808 and easily slips into my pocket. Unless I haven't got pockets that day and then it just drops on the floor
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks, would you consider the NWZ A72x/82x series to have superior sound quality to the S618F? I wouldn't really want to talk a step back in that respect.

Apr 9, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, would you consider the NWZ A72x/82x series to have superior sound quality to the S618F? I wouldn't really want to talk a step back in that respect.

You definitely wouldn't be taking a step backwards with SQ. I only suggested the 72x/82x because I know they're not bright in the slightest, and they're still very small and compact.

Apr 9, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #5 of 5
Hope you guys don't mind me barging in on this thread.. but the Ipod doesn't have the option to browse folders, does it? My old Creative had it, and when I bought my Zen V.. I hated the fact that it didn't have that option :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back