What to try out next?
Dec 16, 2017 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

malibuboats91

Head-Fier
Hi all! I have been in the market for a good pair of over ear wireless cans for awhile. I'm looking to spend about $350 tops and love hip-hop, rap, EDM, rock, alternative and some pop. I've had the 1000XM2, Studio 3 and P7s home. The 1000XM2s were really nice, but I question the quality of them. The P7s were by far my favorite but I encountered bluetooth issues where they would work with my MacBook while listening to Spotify or iTunes, but when I'd flip over to Safari/Chrome to watch YouTube or HBO Go, I'd have to unpair and repair them to get any sound. They also clamped my head and were really expensive. Given that, do you have any other recommendations or know of any sales on the P7? I'd say those were the best headphones I've ever used so I'd definitely jump on them for a lower price.

Dec 16, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #2 of 4
Vmoda are well regarded as portable cans, if you can get past the tacky design. They should have some good wireless models around that price

Dec 17, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #4 of 4
I actually currently have the M100s. I’ve owned them for maybe 3-4 years. I like them but the bass seems muddy. The bass on the 1000X and P7 seemed to be better.
I can see that. They seem more the average consumer type headphone, a single step up from Beats or Bose. I would say try the MDR 1A Bluetooth but I found the bass to be very muddy compared to my daily driver Momentum 2. Maybe try out an HD1 wireless if you can find a good price. They have good low end but not overpowering

Users who are viewing this thread

Back