What to look for in AKG K1000.
Jan 19, 2007 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

*645-k701

500+ Head-Fier
How hard are they to come across these days?

what is the highest/lowest price they go for?

what things to look-out for in "older" well used ones.

Im interested in the investment.

Jan 20, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #2 of 6
i think ebay germany is the best place to get them these days, they usually go for around 500 euro and it seems like there's always one or two listed. i'm sure most of the sellers there would be willing to ship to finland.

Jan 20, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by *645-k701 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How hard are they to come across these days?

what is the highest/lowest price they go for?

what things to look-out for in "older" well used ones.

Im interested in the investment.

There were ~12000 pairs made, so by getting the serial number you can get an idea how old they are.

There were two different drivers used over the years. Somewhere on headfi you will find more info on about when the change was made. Users report a difference in sound between the older and newer driver.

In the USA the newer ones appear to be selling at about $1000 US. Add a few years or a few dents and the low price appears to be about $750. You can do searches in the for sale section and find some prices still listed.

Jan 21, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwayswantmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There were two different drivers used over the years. Somewhere on headfi you will find more info on about when the change was made. Users report a difference in sound between the older and newer driver.

Id love to know a bit more about this.
when i run a search specific,lots comes up but i cant find, what you mentioned..

Jan 21, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back