What to get, so much choice ?
Jul 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

digifred

New Head-Fier
I decided to spend around 100€ on headphones. I'm not bothering with an amp and will plug the phones on the onboard soundcard (which is already pretty good). I have two options at the moment and feel free to complement. I thought about the Sennheiser HD 518 and the AKG K451. I will be listening to music with them, the Sennheiser have a good sound but they take much room and I won't use them for anything else than the computer room. On the other hand the AKG are portable and they won't clutter my room as much but I haven't heard them and reviews are mixed. I've had Grado's 80i in the past but they weren't my style and they were unconfortable. So what do you think, which way to go?

Jul 27, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 4
Hello!

I do not enjoy the HD518 much although it is comfortable due to the muddy detail in the music. I do however, enjoy the HD439 better somehow. I do realised that the HD518 are "higher end" in comparison to the HD439, but I really do enjoy better with the HD439. Other than that, UE4000 is a very good headphone as well other than it's ted artificial vocals.

Hope it help!
Billson :)

Jul 28, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Thanks, I decided not to get the hd 518 but maybe the smaller hd239. Don't know yet.

The Takstar Hi2050 (Technical Pro HPT-990) (semi-open) headphones are a good value.
I think they sell for $70.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back