What to get? iPod Touch 64gb or iPhone 4S 64 gb?
Oct 4, 2011 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Torontoraccoon

100+ Head-Fier
There is still no pricing on the iPhone 4S, but for the 8 gb version. The prices on the iPod went down a bit...

I would assume that the price of both items is mostly about the storage, but it seems the iPhone has much more to offer apart from that. It seems to dwarf the iPod touch too.

Do iPods iPhones use the same cables? Would LOD's fit the iPhone? 

What would you take a ipod or a iphone?

Oct 4, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #2 of 5
I don't see any reason for those of us with 4th-gen Touches to buy a 5th-gen, to be honest.

Oct 4, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
I don't see any reason for those of us with 4th-gen Touches to buy a 5th-gen, to be honest.

I sold my 64 gig one, expecting something revolutionary... nothing came. So now Im stuck with a Nano that I got from someone to use. =(

Oct 4, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
I sold my 64 gig one, expecting something revolutionary... nothing came. So now Im stuck with a Nano that I got from someone to use. =(

That's a bummer!

Oct 4, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
There is still no pricing on the iPhone 4S, but for the 8 gb version. The prices on the iPod went down a bit...

I would assume that the price of both items is mostly about the storage, but it seems the iPhone has much more to offer apart from that. It seems to dwarf the iPod touch too.

Do iPods iPhones use the same cables? Would LOD's fit the iPhone? 

What would you take a ipod or a iphone?

All the iPods and iPhones uses the same cables and connectors - it's actually one of THE selling points of iStuff.  

As for which to choose, it seriously depends on what you are using it for.  Is the "phone" bit actually important to you?  Are you valuing serious portability?  (not from the looks of your sig lol) Do you want to play the latest graphic intensive games and all the fancy stuff made just for the 4S?  Are you going to be bothered by constantly disassembling your portable rig to answer your phone calls?  etc

I've been seriously considering building a separate portable rig around an iPod Touch for several reasons.  One is I can't stand using an iPhone for many reasons; I had a 3GS for two years and decided I will not go for the 4, but IMO the user interface of iPods for music playback is still one of the best around - sorry Android fans, no matter how many players apps there are, none does it as well as iPods (I've had many iPods since the 1st generation!), not to mention good sounding Android hardware is hard to come by and going by company reputation is hardly a safe bet *cough*Samsung Galaxy S to S2*cough*.  Two the amount of music accessories designed for iPods is second to none, and we are seeing more and more DAC/amp options for this series.  Three is battery life, all the convergence is nice but sadly battery life hasn't caught up yet, and there's nothing worse than getting stuck with a smartphone with a flat battery, especially on a long trip.  For me I think going for separate hardware is the way to go as it gives me more flexibility when it comes to upgrading, especially when it comes to phones and I won't have to worry about the music part bringing down the entire deal ie the Galaxy S2 again.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back