What to get for DT770's, a cheap amp or a sound card? X-Fi or Audigy ZS?
May 4, 2006 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Narius

100+ Head-Fier
Alright well my DT770's are on there way to my house but i know that they wont sound that great unamped and on buit-in AC97 sound... As of right now i dont have that much to spend on them... Should i get a cheap amp, ive already decided that if i do get a cheap amp its gonna be either a pa2v2 or ldm+, or should i get a sound card? Also, is it worth getting a X-Fi xtrememusic edition over a Audigy ZS for another $40? Or would a Audigy ZS + cheap amp sound better then just a xtreme music by itself... Right now i think the ideal situation for me would be to find a used X-fi xtrememusic for around $80 but i dont think im going to be able to.. Also this will be used for 75% gaming - 25% music..

May 4, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #2 of 5
get the x-fi,save up for a cmoy if still unsatisfied. If you have no experience listening to high end headphones, you wont know what you are missing - I had upgrade fever as soon as I got my headphones, but now I have more reasonable goals (build an amp, get a cheap dac).

May 5, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #3 of 5
alright well i just got a used X-Fi xtrememusic for $70 shipped including paypal fees on hardforum's!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
basshead.gif
icon10.gif
inCREDible deal if u ask me
smily_headphones1.gif

link to the guy i bought from's heatware

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=9448

I just had to bite on this one
wink.gif

May 5, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #4 of 5
Sweet
biggrin.gif
X-fi is the way to go for gaming. I can't wait to get a pair of beyers to go with mine. PA2v2 or cmoy will work decently for you.

May 5, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by afireinside
Sweet
biggrin.gif
X-fi is the way to go for gaming. I can't wait to get a pair of beyers to go with mine. PA2v2 or cmoy will work decently for you.

ya im gonna get one later on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back