What to get for a first pair of decent headphones?
Jun 12, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #16 of 20
Yeah. Usually I find that putting head-fi as a keyword in a google search works better than using the built in search engine for head-fi.

If you find any good threads that are fairly recent, but wondering what stores worked out, I wouldn't hesitate to revive the best one or two threads by posting and see what stores the person found or what other places people recommend.

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #17 of 20
ATH-M50 is a very solid headphone (as others have already stated) although if you like to carry them out, I would suggest the BnW P5 headphones although you would have to get them used to fit in your price range. I know their are many mixed reviews of them on this site, but I really quite like them, and mix style and quality very well I feel. 

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:
Not going to Japan I'm afraid. That sounds like fun though XD  I'm going to Singapore and I know some good electronics/audio places there...some of the smaller ones do good prices on other tech so hopefully the same goes for headphones. And everything is SO much more available there than Australia.

Welcome then! (I'm from Singapore). At least 2 places you can go test out headphones - Jaben in Adelphi and Stereo in both Ion Orchard and Plaza Singapura. Hope you'll have a great time!

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:
Welcome then! (I'm from Singapore). At least 2 places you can go test out headphones - Jaben in Adelphi and Stereo in both Ion Orchard and Plaza Singapura. Hope you'll have a great time!

Thanks :) I've been a few times before so I know my way around a little. I'll probably start at Funan, then head to Jaben. Hadn't heard of the other one so I'll probably head there too :) So keen to try out headphones (though I think I might have decided on a pair of Sennheisers...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back