What to get after LCD-2.1?
May 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #106 of 107
Quote:
I agree on all points.  I think we all want more information and undeniable proof on this subject.  What some people need to realize is that there are some sellers out there who price markup into the atmosphere and beyond, claiming their cables are Jesus incarnate when in reality they are $0.99 Dollar Store speaker wire with some new casing.  

I agree with this. I personally feel cables make a difference, but to me it's always taken into perspective. For instance like wje said, don't get $1000 cables for your $400 headphone XD

I really think Chris and quite a few of the cable makers I've seen on here do honest work. I still haven't tried silver, but even with my lowly braided Mogami, I could tell a difference. This may be more apparent on some headphones than others (stock HD600 cable to HD650 cable anyone?), but I feel it's another way of tuning your system. Make sure the rest of your setup is what you like, THEN worry about the little strips of metal in between ^_^

I've never been sure about these fancy low profile LOD's though. I want one mainly because they look so cool 
biggrin.gif
 #headfichic

May 12, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #107 of 107
Quote:

I agree with this. I personally feel cables make a difference, but to me it's always taken into perspective. For instance like wje said, don't get $1000 cables for your $400 headphone XD

I really think Chris and quite a few of the cable makers I've seen on here do honest work. I still haven't tried silver, but even with my lowly braided Mogami, I could tell a difference. This may be more apparent on some headphones than others (stock HD600 cable to HD650 cable anyone?), but I feel it's another way of tuning your system. Make sure the rest of your setup is what you like, THEN worry about the little strips of metal in between ^_^

I've never been sure about these fancy low profile LOD's though. I want one mainly because they look so cool 
biggrin.gif
 #headfichic

Hey, if you like the look of $1000 cables, and you got mad stacks, why not..

I think the hot cheeto puffs I've been eating leave a really nice audiophile oil on the wire for sonic enhancement.

Err as far as cables go, I just build what I think looks good out of some of the best materials I can source while being cost conscious. I've been accused of using really low grade 4N jewelry wire for this reason which was immediately sorted out by like 10 people who A) knew where I got it, and B) actually heard music through my stuff. But yeah if it happens to sound good, thats awesome, but I originally started this as a cute arts and crafts hobby.

Now it pays for my chipotle and my wahoos fish tacos.

In terms of sound, most of the time you are better off upgrading to a better headphone, yes, but what if you don't want to go through the bother of playing musical chairs with new stuff? Boom, sound snakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back