What to do with old IEMs/Re-Shelling questions
Jul 10, 2011 at 3:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

LiteKirby

100+ Head-Fier
I've got a few old IEMs that for one reason or another, are no longer fully functional. I've seen a lot of threads about re-cabling and re-shelling into Customs, though from what I've read it's mostly for the UE Triple-Fi's and the Shure 530s.

That said, I've a few IEMs that if possible, I'd really like to re-shell into customs so that I have a bit of variety.  I've got Westone UM3X's that on the right side the housing (right term?) is open and I lost half of it, so the driver is exposed.  I've also got Klipsch Custom 3's where the tubes on the ends of the housings broke off, and Klipsch X10s where the cables are old and torn and one side (the right) no longer produces sound.

That said, anyone know any good companies that may re-cable and re-shell these?

Jul 10, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #2 of 2
Drop both Unique melody and fisher hearing an email.  Should be able to sort something out for you.  I imagine the custom 3's would be no problem, not so sure on the others.  If it's simple cable damaging (one of the known faults of the klipsch range)shouldn't be too much hassle.  The one that I would be worried about is the um3x.  I assume thats not under warranty anymore?

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back