what to do with ex81?
Aug 3, 2005 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BrooklynRick

100+ Head-Fier
The left driver on my ex81s just stopped working. I purchased them on 4/23 from ecost, so they are still relatively new, but they only have a 90 warranty which has just expired 2 weeks ago. I tried talking to Sony to see if they was a grace period on the warranty, but the representative only said he could sell me a refurb unit for for $30. What should I do now? I hate that I basically wasted $35 for some headphones I've used for less than 20 hours.

Aug 3, 2005 at 9:02 PM Post #2 of 3
its really easy to pop open the casing on these, pull it away gently and it should come, and then hopefully a little solder should fix the issue.

Aug 4, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynRick
The left driver on my ex81s just stopped working. I purchased them on 4/23 from ecost, so they are still relatively new, but they only have a 90 warranty which has just expired 2 weeks ago. I tried talking to Sony to see if they was a grace period on the warranty, but the representative only said he could sell me a refurb unit for for $30. What should I do now? I hate that I basically wasted $35 for some headphones I've used for less than 20 hours.

this is pretty much why i stay away from sony products- they break for no reason and have basically no warranty. heck, bad as Bose may be, at least they gave me a no-questions-asked replacement w/ renewed warranty for a triport that i bought used.

i have since moved on to shure e2c and have no durability/warranty issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back