What to do with a dead Karma and 4G ipod??
Jun 13, 2006 at 2:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

KenW

Headphoneus Supremus
Yep, my luck is nothing if not consistently bad. I've got a Karma with a dead HD and an ipod with likely the same problem. I know I could sell these to folks who'd repair them but man, I'd be getting pennies on the dollar. Truth be told, I'd love to get them fixed but at last check, drives for both these players would be fairly expensive.

So....what would you do under the circumstances? I just hate the thought of just giving them away. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Jun 13, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #2 of 6
You could always sell it; some people just love getting these kinds of things. Sometimes they can even get good parts out of the things...

Jun 13, 2006 at 2:30 AM Post #3 of 6
Honestly, I could actually use them both. Well, I could use the ipod. My wife is actually interested in a portable player and hey, an ipod...even a used 4G....would be a great solution. As for the Karma, I just loved that player and keep hoping a reasonable HD will turn up and I can do that hack to replace it. The minute I ship it to its new home I can pretty much guarantee a half dozen cheap drives that fit the Karma will show up on ebay. That's my luck!!
rolleyes.gif

Jun 13, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #4 of 6
half a dozen cheap replacement drives already show up on ebay. search hitachi travelstar 1.8 inch 20gb. or the exact part number: htc424020f7at00. that is supposed to be the same (or renewed) model as the one in your karma so it should fit with no problem. bids start at 9.99 usually and close at 20~40 dollars usually from this one seller. pretty good deal, don't give up. pm me if you cannot find it, i'll send you the seller's id.

Jun 13, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #5 of 6
use it as an excuse to upgrade. My second karma died, so they went on ebay and almost fully paid for my H120 which shall be here this week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back