What to do? -- Westone 4 IEM right side no sound. Reshell??
Aug 27, 2012 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

EricLThomp

New Head-Fier
So, I have had these IEMs for about 9 months.  Got them from an unauthorized reseller on Amazon, (yeah, I know...never again).  Anyway, from what I'm reading, Westone isn't going to touch these things without an authorized receipt.  Anyway, I have not used them much at all.  The right side is not working at all now, after only 5 or 6 uses.  When they worked, they were amazing.  They are for sure the real deal, geniuine packaging, serial number, all proper accessories, etc. 

Do you think there is anyone out there that can/will reshell these?  I'm really not sure I have much of any other choice, except toss them (the shell will be trash as soon as they are cracked open to repair whatever is wrong inside). 
Maybe Fisher does Westone 4 reshelling?

Thanks!
ET

Aug 27, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 6
Could it be that you damaged the jack somehow and the right side is not working because of the lack of stereo?  Wiggle the jack and see if the right side returns.  Also wiggle the terminated cable at the earpiece.

Check the earphones with another player preferably not a portable.  Does the right channel still not function?

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #4 of 6
Unique Melody does reshells, and I think you can even get more drivers put in, for a price. Not that I'd want my W4's to break any time soon...
wink.gif

But if it's a driver failure, I don't think a reshell will fix anything.

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #6 of 6
Yeah, true, but if they are not gone (all 4 at once?) Then maybe just one can be replaced and I'll be back up and running.  Hoping it is only a wire that broke or something easy.  Won't know unless I try, right?
-Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back