What to do (Sextetts and 325is)
Feb 28, 2008 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Chrispy

100+ Head-Fier
Im debating between a few things.

My two current phones that get the most headtime at my desk are my 325is and then my Sextetts (which get a lot less headtime).

My debate is should I sell my 325is and Go-Vibe v6 to repair my sextetts and get an amp that could drive them properly (I've heard the x4 does a good job) or should I leave the Sextetts on the back-burner until I have money (I think I will eventually set things up so I can give these phones the listen that they deserve.)

The repairs the sextetts need are new pads, head band, elastics, foam, and finally, in the back part of the housing, on the part that has the little black plastic lines, there is a small crack in one of those lines. (They do sound pretty good still even out of the Go-Vibe and with no repair work)

another question would be how much would the estimated repairs cost, and how difficult would it be to replace the problem parts? And what can be done to clean them up a bit too?

Feb 28, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #2 of 2
also, would it be possible to buy a used current 240 for scrap parts, instead of going through the AKG guy in the US for parts, or will not all the parts fit. (I am most concerned about the housing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back