What to do in SF after Headfest?
Apr 14, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #16 of 21
if you're into ramen, check out Santa Ramen in San Mateo. it's the best bowl of ramen that i've ever had outside of japan. even my japanese friends agree. if you're into izakaya type of food, try Tanto in San Jose. it's basically lots of drinking and lots of little plates of food.

san jose also has the largest vietnamese community in the states. you'll be able to find a lot great food there. two of my favorite places are Tay Ho and Da Lat in San Jose.

Apr 15, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It doesn't take nearly that long to get to S.F. if you take the 280
wink.gif

That's good to know. We must have taken the 101 when I was there years ago. It took for ever.

Apr 15, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #18 of 21
If you're in the downtown area and want some cheap food, Chinatown is right next door. You can still get a few dim sum items for a dollar or a serving of noodles/rice for the same price at some of those walk-in bakeries/food shops. Bring comfy walking shoes. There will be hills, but with hills there will also be a lot of interesting views. Have the camera batteries charged, and enjoy your stay RYCeT. Hope you have an awesome time in the Bay Area.

By the way, the cable car costs $5 bucks one-way now. (those evil bastards) I think monthly pass users still get unlimited rides. Specific details about fare and some other types of passes can be found here: http://www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/fareinfo.htm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back