What to choose?
Dec 11, 2007 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

skinnie

Head-Fier
Hi guys,I want to buy a new pair of headphones for my ipod mini,between this ones what is the best pair?

Creative EP-630 - 28eur,5.9 in headphonereviews

Koss KSC75 - 37eur , 5.1 in headphonereviews (the version that I found in portugal is Koss KSC75,I believe there is no difference from the normal version)

JVC Marshmallow HA FX33 - 21eur, 4.8 in headphone reviews

The Koss are a little out of my budget,but if you say to me that there is an huge difference from the others,I'll try to buy it...
Other thing,are the koss confortable?in other cheap clip headphones I don't feel very confortable...

Dec 11, 2007 at 11:33 AM Post #3 of 8
I don't understand german,I tried to translate it with google but still didn't find the shipping costs for portugal..
Can you see it for me please?

Dec 11, 2007 at 11:42 AM Post #4 of 8
Hi skinnie, there are two shops which offer the KSC75 at Amazon Marketplace - "podware_" and "your-pod". The latter doesn't ship to Portugal and podware_ demands 18 Euro for shipping (!), so you'd better buy elsewhere.

Amazon.de itself doesn't seem to offer it.

Maybe you can try amazon.com?

Dec 11, 2007 at 12:09 PM Post #5 of 8
I an find it for a about 30eur in another shop here in portugal..but first I need to know wich one of the three are the best...

Dec 11, 2007 at 1:36 PM Post #7 of 8
From what I have seen in reviews/forums the ep-630 is better than the FX33...
I would like to see more opinions..but from what I see the ksc75 is a winner

Dec 11, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #8 of 8
When comparing ep630 and KSC75, IHMO the KSC75 definately is the winner when it comes to SQ. I owned the ep630 before and - besides the fact that Canalphones/In-Ear are another kind of headphone - they sound worse: quite muddy overall, very over-present bass which drowns out part of the mids. The KSC75 sounds cleaner/more transparent, but never too thin. Better Soundstage, too. Even if you find them too muddy, you can still Kramer-mod 'em.

Therefore, the ep630 isolate quite a bit while the KSC75 is an open headphone. I don't know what you are looking for, I bought the KSC75 for jogging purposes - with the ep630, I had terrible microphonics and so on. I you need isolation, the KSC75 is the wrong headphone for you.

Speaking about comfort: this might be a good point. You can bend the clips and you have to find out how the KSC75 fit perfectly. With my ears, it works quite well, I got no problems so far. I heard about some creaking noise the KSC75 can make. But I have never noticed anything like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back