What tips do you guys use with your Meelec A151?
Apr 22, 2014 at 9:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

red71rum

100+ Head-Fier
I recently received my Meelec A151 and have been trying to find tips that provide better isolation than the triple flanges that were included. The included triple flange tips do not work that great because the nozzle does not go far enough into the tipI use these at the gym, so I want to concentrate while lifting and doing cardio. I don't play my music loudly so better isolation is key to me. I added a clip to the cable, so I run the cable over my ears and clip it behind my neck to tame the over long cable and lessen any microphonics. I tried some Shure grey tips and some Etymotic ER38-13A tips, but I still cannot find the best isolation. So, do you guys have any suggestions?

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #2 of 6
Foam will provide the most isolation, but are also the least durable. Also try to use a single or dual flange and get deep insertion.

May 29, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #4 of 6
I didn't have the money to buy a pair of new tips when I got them about a year ago, but I'm investing in some this summer. I just use the stock small size or the bi-flange tips; they work fine for me.

May 29, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #5 of 6
 The most comfortable, and also the best sounding tips I found for my A151s was a set of foam ear plugs.  Cut the tips off, poke a hole through them with a fine screw driver or something of the like, force them on to the tubes.  Squish down to deform foam, insert in ear, let expand.

I never got a comfortable fit out of any of the tips that came with them.  Some "Howard Leight MAX" ear plugs did the trick.

Oct 5, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #6 of 6
I've used Comply TX-100 foam tips for the past three years.  Fit perfectly upon the A151s, and are usually quite comfortable.  I never bothered with the included tips after trying them out once. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back