What the?...some help required regarding FS Atrio and Klipsch S4
Jun 19, 2011 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

navmau

500+ Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

I have been away for some years, good to be back.

I have been using my Future Sonics Atrio's (the Mg5 driver, not Mg5 Pro) for several years now. Pretty much listen only to trance (melodic/uplifting) and I have been loving the Atrio's.

I have a problem that I only recently found. I have been using Klipsch eargels and they are no doubt the most comfortable and sealing eartips I have ever used. They are actually better than foam tips!!!

I washed my Klipsch tips and while drying, I stuck the original FS double flange tips back on. I immediately noticed the sound was more open and the bass dropped back and the mids/highs came forward. It was a revelation, I just had this huge grin listening to a track "century" from Tiesto's new album, kaleidoscope!

So here is my problem. After just 20 mins with the FS tips, I developed ear pain and remembered why I have used nothing but the Klipsch eargels for years. After they dried, I put them back on and the comfort and seal once again, AMAZING but the mids/highs once again took a back seat and I was bummed.

I wont be able to get around this problem with my Atrio's so my question is: Are the Klipsch Image S4 less dark than the FS Atrio's? If so, I am hoping I will get lighter bass, forward mids/highs and more open "soundstage" while still using the Klipsch eargels (of which I purchased 4 pairs of as I love them!).

As always, I would appreciate your input, comparisons, ideas etc.

Cheers guys,

Nav

Dec 16, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 4
So i was looking for a comparison between the S4s and the Atrios lol.. and this post showed up...
lol..

Hey Nav. Really think u ought to give the sony hybrids a try. For me the seal is alot better than  the one i get with the klipsch tips and they are pretty comfy as well..

might get that ''hybrid'' ure looking for,,, a mix between decent sound quality and comfort.

Dec 16, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
So i was looking for a comparison between the S4s and the Atrios lol.. and this post showed up...
lol..

Hey Nav. Really think u ought to give the sony hybrids a try. For me the seal is alot better than  the one i get with the klipsch tips and they are pretty comfy as well..

might get that ''hybrid'' ure looking for,,, a mix between decent sound quality and comfort.

Thanks mate. Ive been very happy with the FS foam tips, they give great comfort and fantastic sound. I don't particularly want to pay $13 for the hybrids for only one pair of my size and the rest go to waste, plus the FS foams are doing great.

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #4 of 4
I see your point. Ok np.. Gonna get me a pair of the atrios in a couple days. I'm sold on them lol..

I can try to compare the Atrios and the S4s but i'm probably not the best person to ask cuz im still pretty amateur.. But will let u know and do the best i can . Take care

Users who are viewing this thread

Back