WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH MY NEW ZEN MICRO!!!!!!!!!!?????? ARGH!
Jan 27, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #61 of 85
what we're looking at here is probably a blotched batch of faceplates at the manufacturing plant. lets just see what creative have to say about this.

Jan 27, 2005 at 7:38 PM Post #62 of 85
i emailed customer support from creative.com yesterday about it. i gave them the link to this thread and asked them about it. i will post the email when i get it.

Jan 28, 2005 at 2:08 AM Post #63 of 85
CIMG1109.jpg

CIMG1108.jpg

CIMG1107.jpg

CIMG1106.jpg

see, only a little blotch of blue leaks above the touchpad, it really doesnt look like its supposed to be there. i really think its a deffect.

Jan 28, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #64 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockit
see, only a little blotch of blue leaks above the touchpad, it really doesnt look like its supposed to be there. i really think its a deffect.

ya but they arent going to put led's all over the player are they? i still think its an "improvement" im still on the fence. while i like the sleekness of the original im also atracted to things that are shiny...
tongue.gif

Jan 28, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #65 of 85
rockit....Are any of the other kids at school making fun of you because you have a pink micro? Not that there's anything wrong with a pink micro....if you're a girl.....bahahaha! Just kidding.

Seriously though, I'm on my 3rd SILVER micro (three is DEFINITELY a charm) so I know what it's like if it aint perfect....you don't want it. My other 2 did have MAJOR issues though - like: Zen Micro #1 - The power switch would get stuck on the left side (i.e., w/o staying in the middle when not locked). Zen Micro #2 and this was REALLY bad - The headphone jack had a short in it so whenever the headphones were touched, the sound faded in and out. THAT was unbearable so it went back.

Zen Micro #3) Perfect - so far!!! Combined with a pair of Sennheiser PMX60s --- THIS THING ROCKS!!!!!

Hey wait a minute...maybe I spoke too soon....I just brought mine into the dark and turned it on...and when I look at the screen I see a greenish purplish pinkish image of ABE VIGODA'S head!!!...THAT's it!!! I'm returning mine too!! <---joking of course! I'm selling it on ebay!!

My advice rockit....Just try to enjoy it! Put your Zen on, crank some meditation/new age music and MELLLLLLOW out. You might even want to visit a Zen related website: http://www.dailyzen.com/ or recite this quote to yourself over and over:
Vibrating within
The ear are many voices
But their origin
Has a source which may be called
The sound of no sound.

- Takuan (1573-1645)

That's why it's called the ZEN.

Peace bro.
eggosmile.gif

Jan 28, 2005 at 5:18 AM Post #68 of 85
I'm sending my Micro to Creative because the headphone jack is messed up...They said I'll get a "refurbished" one if they can't fix mine. Eeek. I hope it's not scratched/the new transparent kind.

Jan 28, 2005 at 5:34 AM Post #69 of 85
Hmm...my headphone jack is just fine-so far. I got rid of my carbon for a headphone jack problem and now my micro may have one? LAME

Jan 28, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #70 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmpopfanatic
Hey jagr, what color Micro do you have? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

its them white ones
icon10.gif

they made those translucent face plates for some of the colours but not all. i'll post more if i find out which colours they made changes to.

Jan 28, 2005 at 6:25 AM Post #71 of 85
rockit's player looks much less bright then the one I had. I wish I had a camera so I could have taken pics. The entire thing glowed, except for the touchpad. This was the light blue one I had.

Jan 29, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #73 of 85
C'mon folks, give the kid a break. He's likely a Syracuse fan and loves his orange. I'm also a bit picky. Right is right and if it ain't, it's going back. Having said that, I'm not into the whole lite 'em up in the dark player scene. Give me a basic black and I'm tickled. JMO but classic black can't be beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back