What the hell is "MR Off"?
Sep 6, 2008 at 8:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sisenor

500+ Head-Fier
I've been using my old Onkyo receiver--which I don't have a manual for anymore. Next to the power button is a MR Off button (it has an accompanying LED indicator too). Anybody know what it does?

Here's a picture. It's not exactly the same model I have, but very similar.
Thanks
DSC01592.jpg

Sep 6, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like it's related to that MRX (Multiple Source Remote System) feature. What happens when you press the button?

Ok, well then I probably don't need to bother with it if I'm only driving a pair of speakers.

Sep 6, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #4 of 6
I have a similar Onkyo receiver with the MR button. I think there's some connection in the back related to it that would enable you to control another Onkyo component (CDP) with the remote if you had the right wire(s). I have the CDP as well, but I got the rig from a going out of business sale at a children's media school when it was discovered that the owner was a pretty huge pedophile, so I don't have the wires. Also, I could be entirely mistaken about what the button does.

Sep 6, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #5 of 6
It is indeed related to the multiple source remote system. I could dig out my manual, but that is the punch line.

I use it when I want to listen to a movie through headhpones. By pressing the MR OFF, I can shut off the sound on the speakers while the headphone jack is still active. Actually, that reminds me, quite a few years ago I compared the headphone out of my receiver to a maxed out META 42 and it was not embarrassed by the META, so the onkyo's headamp section is not horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back