What the heck is the difference between Hifiman's "current" 400i and the 2020 version of the 400i?
Jul 6, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #16 of 19
Yes, I once bought their RE600 from HIFIMAN Taobao store when I'm on my business trip to China and it takes me a while to replace it in the US. My friend bought his HE560 from a random seller on Taobao. However, the seller is unauthorized so he paid for the replacement when the yoke broke. No luck. Lol
:xf_eek:

Damn! What? You have to be an authorized seller? Well, I know the store I'm buying from is an actual physical location. I can read/write Chinese, so I did a bit of research on them, and I've come to the conclusion that they're an authorized reseller (a place called 上海知音堂 with the seller having something like 99% positive rating and hundreds of Hifiman's headphones in stock). Should be OK then. When I showed the site to a friend of mine who is in China, he instantly thought it was a scam (he always thinks all Taobao products are a scam, haha). Anyway, I trust my choice here.

That sucks for the yoke thing, though, damn. This QC stuff makes me wanna cry, lol.

Jul 6, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #17 of 19
:xf_eek:

Damn! What? You have to be an authorized seller? Well, I know the store I'm buying from is an actual physical location. I can read/write Chinese, so I did a bit of research on them, and I've come to the conclusion that they're an authorized reseller (a place called 上海知音堂 with the seller having something like 99% positive rating and hundreds of Hifiman's headphones in stock). Should be OK then. When I showed the site to a friend of mine who is in China, he instantly thought it was a scam (he always thinks all Taobao products are a scam, haha). Anyway, I trust my choice here.

That sucks for the yoke thing, though, damn. This QC stuff makes me wanna cry, lol.
If it is an authorized dealer that would be fine. Then HIFIMAN will care. For the QC, just good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back