What the f...
Mar 14, 2014 at 6:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kail

Head-Fier
 I usually dont listen to pop music, but this one turn my Beyers DT-250 into subwoofer. Amount of bass is overkilling. I wonder how it will sound on DT770 (pure mess? I afraid to ask how it will sound on Beats, rofl), if its already sounds like bass monster on DT250. And this was mixed by professional engineers for one of the biggest pop singers? This is ridiculous, lol.

Better quality (mp3 320):
 http://rghost.net/53049077

Totally broken mix? What do you think.

Mar 14, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #3 of 6
It depends on how it was mastered and recorded actually.  As you compress music, the bass levels will actually decreases (as they generally are already the louder portion of the tracks, and you're making everything else louder really).  What ends up happening is that you lose quite a bit of the bass power and slam (permanently).  They tend to compress just a little (just a little) less nowadays (thank gosh) and it is a pattern I've seen with newer, recently released music (that's not to say it's like before the loudness wars started, but it's a step in the right direction), it sound just that much more dynamic and musical (not as loud either, which is a good thing).  So this could easily be what you're hearing. 

Mar 14, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #5 of 6
I sat through 45 seconds... that's all I could tolerate.
Bass quantity is the least of its problems.
There's 45 seconds of tube life I wish I could get back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back