What Temperature do You Keep Your AC At Durring the Summer?
Jun 28, 2005 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

PTheD

Headphoneus Supremus
The poll to match this thread. Should have just freakin' made it a poll to beginwith huh? Unthoughtfull me!
rolleyes.gif

Sorry to all those that use Celcius, you are going to have to do the conversion yourself, try here. I know yourguyes scale is better, but I was taught on the Fehrenheit scale and its what most of us US peoples know. Centigrade needs to take a foot hold, but untill it does that long unspellable word will dominate the minds of us American types.

Jun 28, 2005 at 8:51 PM Post #2 of 17
I wonder how much money I would save durring the course of my live, not to mention how much recources I would conserve, if I could stand doing 80 degrees in the summers and 60 degrees in the winter?

Jun 29, 2005 at 2:21 AM Post #3 of 17
I don't get to control thje thermostat. My dad does (eerrrrg!). but anyway he kees it at about 72. I would like it a little bit lower. Something like 68. And in the winter I am not sure what he keeps it at but my quess is that it is lower.

Jun 29, 2005 at 4:10 AM Post #4 of 17
I can handle the 60 degrees in the winter thing. Just not the 80 in the summer. My electriciy bill is usually very high...but my gas bill in the winter is never really higher then 30 dollars. I cant stand to feel hot....I will pay out the rear to feel cool, especially when i sleep.

Jun 29, 2005 at 6:16 PM Post #10 of 17
As I stated in the other thread related to this subject, my parents keep the house at 77 degrees fenrenheit. I am pulling out all the stops for this one. I've got my Don NSF K5463 refridgerator thermomiter in my room to figure out how hot it is in my room compared to the rest of the house, 66 degrees and rising...where will it stop...nobody knows.
icon10.gif

Jun 29, 2005 at 6:16 PM Post #11 of 17
We keep ours between 80-85F, unless its humid that day. Living in a place where the average temperature is 99 degrees during the summer (usually 80F before 9am and sometimes getting up to 110+ during the afternoon) you have to learn to conserve energy (and money).
rolleyes.gif

Jun 29, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #12 of 17
I'm stairing ~82 degrees in the face so far, just abot what I expected. Hot enough that I know I will keep my place at a lot lower when I get my own place and enough money to AC it to my liking.

Jun 29, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #13 of 17
Air conditioning? It's midsummer here and I'm sitting indoors wearing a fleece and winter slippers..... I would turn the central heating on but refuse to switch it on until November out of principle......

Air conditioning in Scotland = Fanning yourself with a newspaper on the 3 days per year the sun comes out.

Jun 29, 2005 at 8:11 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunterboy55
Sadly the parents keep it around 80... Sometimes i wake up sweating, because we turn it off at nigth(because your suposedly sleeping and it doesn't matter)

80F ?? where do you live..... the gobi desert? It's 54F here at the moment and I think It's too warm to sleep..... 80F would be like sleeping in a low bake oven
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back