What Streamer is best for me?
Dec 14, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #17 of 39

Quote:
Since you have both the HA5000 and Phonitor, may I ask how they compare?
I used to have a Phonitor and am considering a HA5000 purchase.

Well, although the Phonitor is good, I like the HA5000 better for the ATH headphones. Imaging can be a bit better with the Phonitor, but the HA5000 amp is literally made for the headphones I use most and I think AT did a good job. The overall sound with the L3000 is something I like, and comes close to the DHA3000. What headphones are you planning to use on it?

I scrapped the W2008 server for now. I'll be re-installing the OS (or maybe W7 pro) because in the end no streaming software wanted to play. eLyrics did a full run on the inventory, seemed succefull and showed entries for multiple libraries but did not start correctly after that. Also it apparently did not use the normal TCP port for UPnP. Asset did not even want to install correctly because of some missing .dll (that .dll is not a part of the windows media server installation for 2008R2)

Dec 14, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #19 of 39
Good to hear about the amps. Should I buy one I plan to use it with the W1000X and W3000ANV. Maybe a W5000 later on since I think I can get a good deal on them. And who knows, maybe an L3000 will cross my path someday.

Can't help you much on the windows issue I'm afraid, I'm on OSX. eLyrics ran fine when I tested it, but my library is nowhere near as big as yours. Still, size of the library has nothing to do with a dll issue. Have you tried asking about it on the PSA forum?

Dec 14, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #21 of 39
None of your two L3000's happens to be lying terribly in your way I suppose? 
wink_face.gif

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #23 of 39

Quote:
Can't help you much on the windows issue I'm afraid, I'm on OSX. eLyrics ran fine when I tested it, but my library is nowhere near as big as yours. Still, size of the library has nothing to do with a dll issue. Have you tried asking about it on the PSA forum?

No - I did not ask on any other forum. The .DLL issue stems from the developers working with an OS that is different. The other issues I did not want to spend more time on. So I'm installing a fresh OS - no leftovers of old software.
I started with the Lisa and stopped with OS9-something. So I don't know about OSX
tongue.gif

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #24 of 39

Quote:
Nope - and I don't sell my whisky either
atsmile.gif
 ... but you are welcome to sample both

A nice answer that really put a smile on my face! I may take you up on that offer one day.
Or if you guys up north should be holding a meet someday, feel free to let me know.
I'd be happy to bring my gear along for you to sample.

Dec 15, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #25 of 39

Quote:
No - I did not ask on any other forum. The .DLL issue stems from the developers working with an OS that is different. The other issues I did not want to spend more time on. So I'm installing a fresh OS - no leftovers of old software.
I started with the Lisa and stopped with OS9-something. So I don't know about OSX
tongue.gif

I used dos/windows for 15 years but switched to OSX about 8 years ago, quite the opposite.
Anyway, I hope you get the issue sorted out, I know how irritating and time consuming those things can be.

Dec 15, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #27 of 39

Quote:

I called Wieger regarding the 220V conversion. Really nice guy I must say.
He said it would be no problem, probably just a soldering job and if not a new trafo.
He assured me a trafo of equal or better quality would be used.

He is nice, and his work is top-notch. He knows what he is selling and what he is talking about. The shop itself is an old pharmacy his dad (and maybe his granddad) used to run. It is quite full with equipment, has lovely dark oak panels and some contemporary artwork. It is not your standard sterile we-only-sell-brand X & Y shop. (He also makes good Espresso btw)

Dec 16, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #29 of 39
I now have eLyric Music Manager running on a Virtual machine with Windows 7 Pro(32bits).
When it is up-and-running everything works just fine.

eLyric Music Manager has a timing problem while starting with a large library. It times out when the program uses roughly 1Gb of memory (in my case usage at this moment tops out at around 1,5Gb memory). Around the time it uses 1Gb a box with the text "it is not possible to connect with the eLyrics Server on localhost" pops up and some 3 or 4 new processes with the name eLyricsServer.exe are started. If I don't kill these new processes the application never starts, it just goes in a loop of starting new processes. If I kill the new processes and leave the first one untouched (you can tell them apart by PID=Process IDentifier) all goes well in the end. It just takes a lot more time to start than the designers imagined.

The Linn Sneaky DS can now use all my music, as can MediaConnect - I am happy now
atsmile.gif

To-do list: check out the Asset UPnP server software... (there is a 30 days trial version and it is also on the list of Linn 3rd party software for a discount - hadn't seen that until this afternoon)

Dec 16, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #30 of 39
Glad it works, alas with some trouble.
I'd drop a note on PSA's forum, these guys are very responsive.
And they do claim their system is made with very large libraries in mind.

I bought the amp by the way. Seems like I'll go and try that espresso somewhere in January!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back