What sports teams do you hate and why?
Sep 20, 2004 at 5:05 AM Post #31 of 61
The problem with the yankees is when you spend that much money they should never lose. I've heard so many rationalizations for George, I'd be suprised if any Yankee's fans can retire from their jobs. I am a great fan of baseball history and have always enjoyed games with evenly matched teams. With a yankee's game, there's no anticipation, just a lot of Mariner's fans(being from seattle but you can insert any other team) saying stupid things, and Yankee's fans coming up with an even more moronic response. Just because you can spend the money doesn't mean you should. It's one thing for a team to spend a lot of money in a short period of time, that to me justifies the "you can't blame george for wanting to win theory", but to do it consistently just detracts from the rest of the league.

The worst is yankee's fans(if you can call them that) abroad. Most know little to nothing about their team(except where to buy another piece of paraphenalia) or the rules of the game.

Every time I see that Yankee's hat in the Temple of Doom, I want to rip it off his head, but then I think it's historically accurate because up until George the Yankee's had passion.

By the way, I'm not really a fan of any of the teams, though if I had to pick one it would probably be the A's because of their ability to succeed consistently without the money. So my affiliation would just be the Anti-Yankee's.

You could also apply most of the above to the red sox, I hate them almost as much

Sep 20, 2004 at 6:35 PM Post #32 of 61
I hate the Denver Broncos. I hate them even more now that it is clear for all the world to see that they cheated their way to super bowl victories by violating salary cap restrictions. I don't really care for Elway that much, even. The only Broncos players I've come close to liking were guys like Sharpe, McCaffery, and such. There was a play last game where Lepsis took a cheap shot at a Jaguars lineman and broke the guy's leg. If he doesn't get fined for that I'll be shocked. I would like nothing more this year than to see Quentin Griffin snapped in half by Ted Washington, speaking of specific Broncos I hate.

I also hate the Seahawks. They were fine for a long time while they were losing, but I really hated that they made the playoffs last year. I chuckled when I heard their quarterback squeak "we want the ball, were going to score" in overtime, at Lambeau field, virtually guaranteeing a Packers win by doing so.

Sep 20, 2004 at 6:59 PM Post #33 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by bln
True. Also the Yankees, and above all Manchester United.

hmm...why Man UTD?

Sep 20, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #34 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
hmm...why Man UTD?

There's a song by Electronic where Bernard Sumner sings the line - "Will Manchester ever get beat?" It's sort of the "Damn Yankees" phenomenon over here in the States - a team with such a winning culture that the other teams have inferiority complexes and big grudges when playing them.

Sep 20, 2004 at 8:04 PM Post #35 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
There's a song by Electronic where Bernard Sumner sings the line - "Will Manchester ever get beat?" It's sort of the "Damn Yankees" phenomenon over here in the States - a team with such a winning culture that the other teams have inferiority complexes and big grudges when playing them.

Yeah, but seems times are changing and people's memories are fading...It wasn't so many years ago that the whole team got wiped out in an aircrash and pretty much ever since they've enjoyed adoration worldwide...

Sep 20, 2004 at 8:14 PM Post #36 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
hmm...why Man UTD?

Because I'm an Arsenal supporter.

Sep 20, 2004 at 10:03 PM Post #38 of 61
There's one or two teams I like, there's a whole bunch I don't care for but if there's one team I hate then it must be Real Madrid. I agree that Manu and Chelsea also buy a lot of players with money. However, I don't care about Chelsea because they spend big bucks on above-average players which I find quite amusing and Manu doesn't really have that much of a budget like Chelsea does. Further, I really respect the performance of Van the Man, that guy's just crazy.

What I hate about Madrid: the team is arrogant, their players are arrogant (I literally despise Ronaldo), they usually win and I can't understand how you could possibly support this team. You don't have to support an underdog but why the hell does one have to cheer for Madrid? Well, obviously because they're always winning
rolleyes.gif
. I don't care if they buy all the good players because this is legitimate and I'd do the same if I was president of a soccer team and had the budget. I do admit that their soccer is nice to watch at times but I just can't suppress my joy whenever I see them losing. 0:3 against Bayer Leverkusen in the recent Champions League game - awesome.

Sep 21, 2004 at 12:43 AM Post #40 of 61
Washington State Cougars are at the top of my list

After that I don't like the Red Wings, St Louis Blues, Edmonton Oilers

I really could care less about any baseball basketball or football teams

Sep 21, 2004 at 6:28 AM Post #42 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by bln
Because I'm an Arsenal supporter.

.....nuff said...
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2004 at 4:28 PM Post #43 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbiez
and you realise that you're enemy is Tottenham right?
wink.gif

I'll consider them an "enemy" when they play like they belong in the Premiership.

Sep 21, 2004 at 10:05 PM Post #44 of 61
I tend to hate the FC Bayern München, because they are an arrogant pack - but I can only sympathize with Hannover 96, as they never seem to win.
wink.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Sep 21, 2004 at 10:24 PM Post #45 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
I tend to hate the FC Bayern München, because they are an arrogant pack - but I can only sympathize with Hannover 96, as they never seem to win.
wink.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Hi Manfred,
no love for Munich?
tongue.gif

Well, here you only have 2 choices anyway and I don't really like the 1860 München fans (hooligans...) so that only leaves me with Bayern München. They are arrogant though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back