what spec?
Jun 17, 2007 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

skinnie

Head-Fier
Hi guys,I have a doubt...another day I bought this earbuds and I don't know why their sound is pretty "low" in volume compared to other earbuds that I hear (sometimes 5eur creatives too,and sonys...) and I would like to know wich spec "says" if and heaphone will sound loud or not...
in my ipod,even the hd201 sound louder than the p4!
sorry for my english

Jun 17, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #2 of 12
For that question I would look first at the "sensitivity" rating.

The higher the number, the more efficient the phones.

....assuming the numbers published are accurate, and in accordance with established standards of testing; and actually mean something.
tongue.gif

Jun 17, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #4 of 12
Basically; sensitivity is how easily the phones follow the input signal in response to the voltage and current variations presented to them from the amplifier driving them.

A higher rating just means that the phones will generally waste less energy than a lower rated set and will thus be louder at a given input signal level.

...or something like that!
cool.gif

Jun 17, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by xinoxide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it means the driver uses more power towards accuracy and sensitivity than volume.

uh, no.

Jun 17, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #9 of 12
I guess no..lol..I don't htink they are thaaaaaaaat baaad...simply they are not amazing lol :p
When I have money I'll buy the Creative EP-630...
thanks for the answers..

Jun 17, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess no..lol..I don't htink they are thaaaaaaaat baaad...simply they are not amazing lol :p
When I have money I'll buy the Creative EP-630...
thanks for the answers..

Man, are you kidding?? I do know those!

they are huge and totally unconfortable, their sound blows, .. .. ..

please, do a favour to yourself very soon and listen do some decent ones!!

BTW, when you check what the guys said before, mind that using dB as scale, we are using a log scale, so that means that for 3dB the power doubles!

(so 90dB are not "just 10 less than Alessandro MS-1 Sensibility... they have more than have more than 8 times less sensibility!!!)

Cheers!

Jun 19, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #12 of 12
thank you guys =)
asap I'll get some "real" earphones.
what do you think of the Creative EP-630?
I've read good opinion on headphonereviews and I can get it @19eur instead of the 36 that they cost here new..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back