What Speakers? (Under £100)
Sep 27, 2017 at 3:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Ragwolfe

New Head-Fier
I am looking for some bookshelf speakers for under £100 shipped UK, I know it's not much but It's a students budget, also will need a basic amp to power from my PC (preferably not more than another £30). Thanks.

(also sorry if this is wrong place for this I have not been on this forum in a while : P)

Sep 28, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #7 of 11
What would be a good "DAC-HPamp-Preamp" to get at a later point?

That can depend on what else you need. Without those qualifiers what I'd go for is to have all options on top of it having a DAC and preamp, USB and SPDIF digital inputs and a powerful headphone amplifier to drive practically any headphone, so I'm going to go with the AudioGD NFB-28.

If you're on a tighter budget you can get something like a Schiit Fulla2 and use a higher sensitivity headphone with it.

Sep 28, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #8 of 11
That can depend on what else you need. Without those qualifiers what I'd go for is to have all options on top of it having a DAC and preamp, USB and SPDIF digital inputs and a powerful headphone amplifier to drive practically any headphone, so I'm going to go with the AudioGD NFB-28.

If you're on a tighter budget you can get something like a Schiit Fulla2 and use a higher sensitivity headphone with it.
I have a nice pair of V moda XS's that I intend to stick with for a good while yet : P

Oct 26, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #10 of 11
Good suggestions from the Protege, I'll add Pioneer powered monitors and Fostex to the mix. Makes more sound quality sense to use decent powered monitors than a cheap chip amp and passives in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back