What speakers to get for my guitar and normal PC use?
Dec 22, 2011 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bonoz

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I want to get a good set of speakers for my college dorm.

I play the guitar and I use my laptop's amp modeling applications (Guitar Rig 4/Amplitube) to alter the sound of the guitar. I have an interface which takes the guitar input, and it also acts as the soundcard which means I will connect my speakers to it. I want to get a good set of speakers to play guitar on and do other stuff such as listen to music, watch movies, and other normal stuff. Because it's my college dorm, I'd prefer the form factor to be small. I want the quality to be great (of course) and I want good bass as well for my music. I'm not trying to spend more than $100. I'm ok getting used.

1) What sort of speakers should I get? Do you think I should get regular PC speakers for my purposes? Or would guitar monitor speakers be a worthy purchase?

2) Do you guys have any recommendations? I have never shopped for these things before so not sure where to start, what brands, where to buy, etc.

2a) How about these: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=tascam+monitor&gs_upl=6417l6417l2l6477l1l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=904&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=846949193483043655&sa=X&ei=sMLyTrGQDcLZ0QHc85W8Ag&ved=0CHwQ8wIwAA

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back