What speaker system should I get for my computer
Jul 30, 2004 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Zeeky

100+ Head-Fier
Jul 30, 2004 at 2:02 AM Post #2 of 9
Uhh, wrong forum.

Try sharky forums or maybe the speaker/cables/tweaks area here, this is a forum for headphones, and hifi components.

Jul 30, 2004 at 10:07 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmo
Uhh, wrong forum.

Try sharky forums or maybe the speaker/cables/tweaks area here, this is a forum for headphones, and hifi components.

That's a bit harsh, but true... I don't think any of us here would even consider using low end computer speakers with our setups...
blink.gif

Are you going to be gaming with this new computer? If not, you might try a Chaintech AV-710 or one of the E-MU cards in combination with a inexpensive headphone amp and some decent headphones instead... If you're watching movies you can use Dolby Headphone to get surround and for music a setup like this will stomp all over those speakers...
evil_smiley.gif

Welcome to Head-Fi!

Jul 30, 2004 at 11:17 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
That's a bit harsh, but true... I don't think any of us here would even consider using low end computer speakers with our setups...
blink.gif

Are you going to be gaming with this new computer? If not, you might try a Chaintech AV-710 or one of the E-MU cards in combination with a inexpensive headphone amp and some decent headphones instead... If you're watching movies you can use Dolby Headphone to get surround and for music a setup like this will stomp all over those speakers...
evil_smiley.gif

Welcome to Head-Fi!

Not tryin to be harsh at all, but trying to advice him to ask somewhere with people who have more experience in said products, I don't think many of us here have a/b'd many PC speakers to know really which are best other than what we've read on other pages, and I know its still audio and with a pc, but it is sitll kind of the wrong forum all together to be asking :p

Jul 30, 2004 at 12:06 PM Post #6 of 9
I have the creative T7700 series speakers. I think they're like 80-100 dollars now. You could probly find them for cheaper if you do a little searching. They work nicely for gaming and have very acceptable sound. The sub is a little weak tho.

As for listening to music.... I can't really bear to listen to music on these speakers. They're just not for audiphiles. They are very nice for the price tho and u probly wont find better for -150

Jul 30, 2004 at 6:01 PM Post #8 of 9
Thanks for all the help!

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, someone gave me a link to this one...

Jul 30, 2004 at 6:38 PM Post #9 of 9
try the cables/speakers/misc forum here. Someone has a situation just like yours right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back