what sounds best on Grado sr80?
Mar 21, 2006 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

eTe

100+ Head-Fier
i did just buy my grados last week....wanted to ask what music sounds best on theese phones? (Albums) nine inch nails and korn sounds pretty good to my ears =) but would love to hear what you guys found???
confused.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by eTe
dire straits is sounding awesome but i dont like the band....

Agreed
smily_headphones1.gif

Be sure to check out some Marilyn Manson, Opeth, Dream Theater, Rush, Tool, APC, Drums & Tuba (love them with the RS-1!), Manic Street Preachers (takes a while to get into them, but The Holy Bible is awesome!), Porcupine Tree, Psyopus (not the best recording ever, but sounds better on the Grado than anything else), & Symphony X. All these bands music sounds awesome out of my RS-1, and should sound great out of the SR-60 as well.

Mar 22, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #8 of 12
Solo guitar will sound spectacular--the better the recording the better they will sound. If you want to be IN the guitar, these are perfect 'phones.

I have a Linn recording of ACH! who is it? Begins with G--Django Reinhardt adherent--playing with younger guy. Sounds great.

Talking Heads will sound really good, too.

Mar 22, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lerman
Solo guitar will sound spectacular--the better the recording the better they will sound. If you want to be IN the guitar, these are perfect 'phones.

I have a Linn recording of ACH! who is it? Begins with G--Django Reinhardt adherent--playing with younger guy. Sounds great.

Talking Heads will sound really good, too.

Second that!

Mar 22, 2006 at 10:31 AM Post #12 of 12
Ok, now I've got a new headphone. Please recommend me some music to use with.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back