What soundcard to buy
May 9, 2009 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

miloxo

100+ Head-Fier
Ive researched the internet the whole day, but with my really noobish knowledge about audio/Pc's hardware i couldnt find information that helps me.

I just ordered the AD700's, but it would be a waste of money if i keep using my crappy plug and play soundcard.

My budget is around $60 for a soundcard, i do not own an amp/dac or anything like that. I was looking for the AV-710, but at the moment there are no shops that ship internationally that sells them. Now i think about buying the Sound Blaster Audigy SE.

Soo, Im looking for a soundcard for around $60 (could stretch a bit higher if its worth it)
normal_smile .gif

thnx in advance

edit: budget is $80 now
Should i buy this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Creative-SoundBl...3%3A1|294%3A50

May 9, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #2 of 3
Creative has some good cards but at that price range you might want to look into some emu's, the 0202 is just a little less than $100 and I'm pretty sure it's a much better card.

May 9, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #3 of 3
The Emu 0202 is interesting, but sadly way of my budget because the expensive shipping costs D= total costs according to Ebay will be around $150..

Quik question, Most soundcards has multiple output jacks, for the subwoofer etc. Made for suround speakers systems (i could be terrible wrong) Will headphones sound good with a soundcard like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back