What soundcard is for my friend?
Sep 30, 2004 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

kelesh

100+ Head-Fier
It needs:

1. Good Audio quality
2. SPDIF Out
3. Internal is better than usb 2.0

My friend will have nicer speakers for it, and he will buy Sennheiser HD580s, HD600's, or Grado SR225's.

-kelesh

Oct 1, 2004 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 10
He's up for a $100 soundcard, so whats the nicest he can get?

Oct 1, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #6 of 10
Third for the 0404. I hear it is rigt up there with my 1212M, and DAMN is all I have to say
eek.gif

Oct 1, 2004 at 4:52 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
Can anyone compare the Emu to the Chaintech? It's starting to sound tempting.

The E-MU cards outlclass the chaintechs easily, the chaintech is not really that great of a card, it is only priased because of its price - compared to the other audigy/m-audio/terratec cards out now etc, the chaintech is the clear budget winner. It also makes a terrific digital transport.

I see that you are using your chaintech to a DAC, I don't think you would gain any improvement switching to the E-MU cards when your only using it for digital transport.

Oct 2, 2004 at 2:48 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmo
The E-MU cards outlclass the chaintechs easily, the chaintech is not really that great of a card, it is only priased because of its price - compared to the other audigy/m-audio/terratec cards out now etc, the chaintech is the clear budget winner. It also makes a terrific digital transport.

I see that you are using your chaintech to a DAC, I don't think you would gain any improvement switching to the E-MU cards when your only using it for digital transport.

I don't actually use the DAC, I prefer the high resolution output of the chaintech. It sounds better to me. I should sell it I guess, but it's built into my PPA, so it's easier to just leave it there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back