What sound card have 24-bit/192Khz AES3 digital out?
Jul 4, 2008 at 3:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

vvs_75

500+ Head-Fier
Can’t find sound card that can handle 24/192Khz through AES3 digital out.
The only one I be able to find is RME 9632. Its nice card but too expansive and since I will be using external DAC, I will be using only balanced digital output from it and nothing more. So does anybody know cheaper card with 24-bit/192Khz output through AES?
Thanks

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #2 of 8
AES3 solutions are expensive because they're less common. Most cheaper sound cards output AES via coaxial jack. Many people believe that balanced and unbalanced digital are functionally equivalent, unlike balanced versus unbalanced analog transmission.

Jul 5, 2008 at 1:58 PM Post #5 of 8
The data format is essentially the same between S/P-DIF and AES3
read rane note149

depending on your DAC you might be able to get away with a simple,passive adapter (i think there is one by neutrik),if not you can ivestigate digital formatconverters but that might lead to the same endprice as a new soundcard.
There is a rather wellknown manufacturer of a small t-amp that produces a USB transport with AES output and the search function should turn up a thread with one or two more affordable options.
(I cant seem to remember the manufactureres name sorry..)

EDIT:meant Trends-Audios UD10

Jul 5, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #6 of 8
Thanks for the respond!

I have adapter from S/P-DIF and AES3 but I need to run cable about 60ft (20m) and S/P-DIF maximum suported length is 10m.

I also have Trends UD-10.1
smily_headphones1.gif
and I am curently using it at the movemennt but it suports only 16/48kHZ max output.

Jul 5, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by cconnaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lynx AES16 or AES16e. These are some of the best audio cards you can buy.

This card cost even more than RME 9632. Thanks

Jul 5, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #8 of 8
Hm sry, i couldn't find any information on the UD-10 capacities..

i guess a format converter(active) would be the best choice as you'd have no problem driving a longer cable. I think 20meters shouldn't be a problem with a proper cable

no other ideas
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back