What sound card for DAC1(non usb)?
Jun 30, 2008 at 12:13 PM Post #16 of 19
Hi Matias,

I agree with you completely, since I have a juli @ running into a DAC-1. However, I understood from the very first post that this setup was for a laptop. If this is the case I stand by my post in this situation, since he can't add a soundcard to his laptop.

Cheers

John

Jun 30, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #17 of 19
thx John and Matias.
actuelly i bought dac1 here from a headfier, i dont think benchmark can give a exchange.so what i can do is finding a usb sound card.i dont have many choices in france,the models are very limited.i saw 0404usb,0202usb,or some m-audio cards.otherwise there're some very professional studio gears.

so my quetion's just as you said,John,will a 0404usb has a too good dac part that i'll never use it?some kind of waste?as it costs 200euros here.does it existe something just give a very good level digital out but not dac in it?

Jun 30, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #18 of 19
Hi,

I'm sorry that I can't help you over this. I guess the only way is to do a search and see what people think of the 0404 against the 0202.

However, the 0202 does not have an optical output to feed the benchmark, whereas the 0404 does, so if you bought an 0202 the benchmark would be redundant.

An alternative is Creative SoundBlaster Surround 5.1 External USB Sound card, which is much cheaper and gives an optical output, but I have no experience of this unit.

I know how you feel, gear is often so much more expensive here in Europe. I bought my benchmark from a fellow Headfier in England so we are roughly following the same path.

Best of luck

John

Jul 1, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #19 of 19
yes,John
that will lead us to the old problem:european price....which i dont want to think any more.
i've found some info anout it said the differences between 0202 usb and 0404usb are power secteur and dac chips.those dac upgrade perhaps we dont need
but a 0404 is still twice price of 0202...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back