What song(s) tug(s) at your emotions the most?
Jul 24, 2005 at 4:59 PM Post #91 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by BDA_ABAT
Bob Marley: Redemption Song.

Bruce

one of my favorite/ all genres and time , looping in ears and tuggin @ heart very frequently

Jul 24, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #92 of 96
Cool, I think I missed this thread when it first came out....(though I have to look back, maybe I didn't, but just don't remember posting
rolleyes.gif
)

My input:

- Beth Nielsen Chapman - the whole Sand and Water CD. Written after her husband died from cancer. Amazing catharctic capabilities; having a cancer survivor in my family makes this even more poignant.

- Joy Division - Decades, from Closer. You can feel the anguish in Ian Curtis' voice: seemingly calm and mellow, but it harbors a torrent of pain underneath (to my ears). Even some of the keyboard notes have a "personality" that tugs at the emotions.

- Mary Black - Song For Ireland. I never fail to get the chills when she sings the last verse. "Dreaming in the night, I saw a land where no man had to fight; waking in your dawn, I saw you crying in the morning light..."

EDIT: just thought of two others that always got to me:

- Cowboy Junkies - Sun Comes Up, It's Tuesday Morning from The Caution Horses.

- Joe Jackson - Steppin' Out - this always brings me back to High School, and a romantic interest of mine. We were friends in H.S., and I ended up dating her AFTER H.S. ended. But during that H.S. time, I got this bizarre sense that we were too old in maturity to do a High School romance, and we were doomed to failure. The line "We...are young but getting old before our time...." always hit me hard, for her.

Jul 24, 2005 at 9:14 PM Post #96 of 96
The one song that seems to get me every time is "Eclipse" from Dark Side of the Moon. It is just the perfect finale in my opinion, and it repeatedly, time after time, rewards me with some of the most emotional sensations I've ever felt after listening to the entire album straight through. I really believe that the album would be nothing without it. It leaves me speechless every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back