What song is this?
Mar 3, 2011 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

baglunch

100+ Head-Fier
I used to have a CD that was remixes of a song, and now I can't remember the name of the song or the artist.

If I remember correctly, the CD art had a gargoyle statue with photoshopped flames engulfing it, so the main color of the CD art was orange/red.  One of the remixes of the song (I think the last song on the CD) sampled some audio from a movie where a guy was saying "...and you make a lousy cup of coffee." intercut with what sounds like an electronic punch.

The music was loud, a bit thrashy, like Prodigy or similar, but I've looked through their discography and don't see anything that rings a bell.  I believe I bought this early-mid 90's.

I'd love to track this down again.  Any ideas?

EDIT:  Oh yeah, I think the refrain was "Burn you down!" but googling that doesn't get me anwhere.

Mar 3, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for the reply, but I'm bordering on 100% sure it wasn't RHCP.  Much more electronic and punk sounding, less Cali surfer rock.  I had it in my head that it was The Orb, but their discog doesn't list any familiar images or familiar track names.  Pretty sure the refrain was "Burn you down!"

EDIT: Updating original post to include refrain.

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #5 of 7
Yes!  After youtub'ing it, I'd never heard the original, and was about to say no, but then I recognized a bunch of the elements until I was sure it must have been the original song.  And then on the sidebar is a link to one of the Prodigy remixes that I remember from the CD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPBNd7mf16U

Funny how the Prodigy and The Orb discogs don't mention it amongst their remixes, despite both contributing remixes to the CD.  Now to see if there's a way to track one down again!

Thank you!

Quote:
  Might be Front242: religion.

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #6 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back