What song drops the deepest bass?
Dec 29, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #108 of 249
Can't believe this hasn't been said, but "Lost" by Gorilla Zoe.  If you have a car with subs good enough to hit the lowest bass note it will literally take your breath away.  And as long as I'm on rap, I gotta throw out "Worldwide Choppers" by Tech9ne.  The bassline is rediculous. Just got a pair of ath m-50's and I can't stop listening to these two songs even though I don't like rap.

Also, most tracks by Pendulum have some kick ass drops or hits, but like others before have said, "Under the Influence" by The Chemical Brothers has my favorite drop, it's my go-to system test track.

And "I hung my head" by Johnny Cash has some great low notes on piano that just resonate beautifully, and "Low Down" by Hank Williams III has some sweet stand up bass for the country lovers out there.

EDIT-most songs by TI have great bass, especially Hellova Life.  And like another poster said ATLiens by Outkast has not only great mastering but hits hard too, Rosa Parks Comes to mind.

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #110 of 249
The most accurate, tight and deep bass track I have - aka - my reference bass track (excluding my binaural tracks) is track no. 3 (The March) from this album:

A lot...and I do mean A LOT of headphones can't even play the bass part AT ALL.

Dec 31, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #111 of 249
Quote:
The most accurate, tight and deep bass track I have - aka - my reference bass track (excluding my binaural tracks) is track no. 3 (The March) from this album:

A lot...and I do mean A LOT of headphones can't even play the bass part AT ALL.

Hey LFF,

I remember you mentioning that before, that you only encountered two headphones that could play that bass part, but could not remember the ones you mentioned, what were they again?  Thanks!

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #112 of 249
This - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDM8yzEu_Tg

Ignore the name or the artist! Just the bass :D

But only this exact video :) Others are less bassy TBH

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #114 of 249
Quote:
Hey LFF,

I remember you mentioning that before, that you only encountered two headphones that could play that bass part, but could not remember the ones you mentioned, what were they again?  Thanks!

At the time, there were only two...

Here are the ones that play the bass region and sub-bass accurately (not going to comment on the rest of the audio spectrum):

1. HE-6
2. HE-5
3. SR-009
4. HE Jades
5. HE-90 with the right amp
6. Senn HD650
7. Paradox

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #117 of 249
The song Limit to Your Love by James Blake has ridiculous bass.  I also remember this drop in the song Pikes by Paul Van Dyk that I used to blast on my car stereo back in high school because of the insane bass drop.  I also like all kinds of old atmospheric Drum n Bass (stuff on good looking) because of the constant deep sub bass.

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #118 of 249
Quote:
At the time, there were only two...

Here are the ones that play the bass region and sub-bass accurately (not going to comment on the rest of the audio spectrum):

1. HE-6
2. HE-5
3. SR-009
4. HE Jades
5. HE-90 with the right amp
6. Senn HD650
7. Paradox

Are you saying that the V-Moda M-100, Ultrasone Signature Pro/ DJ/ Edition 8 could not, or were they not included in your auditions?

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #120 of 249
Beastie Boys "High Plains Drifter"
Blues Explosion "Mars,Arizona"
NOFX "Eat The Meek [Dub Mix]
LIL Jon "DA BLOW"
Kinfolk Kia Shine "New Style"
Outkast "The Way You Move"
Del The Funky Homosapien "Foot Down"
just a few that come to mind that I like bumping in my car...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back