What song drops the deepest bass?
Aug 10, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #93 of 249
Was just listening to this album this morning. Angel is my favorite track (first one). Good bass, but my extension test is always this bad boy...

No bass above 50hz or so. Can't hear it on your everyday computer speakers or buds. :wink:

Quote:
The first track of Massive Attack's Mezzanine(corect spelling?) produces incredibly deep bass.

This is why they warn you on HD Tracks...Dynamic range at its finest.

*Warning - Due to extreme dynamics of the cannons and bass drums on this album, please set your volume accordingly - Enjoy!

Quote:
CRAP

Just got the 1812 Overture on Telarc and FF to the cannons - jacked up the wharfedales and hmm i didnt hear anything interesting. (ok, i guess i need a sub.)

but then i put the beyers on and they did something i never felt before. yeah, not heard - FELT. the cannon blasts weren't "bassy" as in the souless dance music midbass i think of when i think of bass - they were so damn low that when the cannons went off the Darth Beyers FREAKING FELL OFF MY HEAD. That's right, they are bass shakers - the cans JUMPED. what the hell? my grados dont do that. what the heck. i cued it up again and held on to my cans - big leap on my right, then left, then both...not a rattle - a physical lift off from my head!

i wonder when my ears will start bleeding.

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #94 of 249
Bach Toccata and Fuge for Organ in D minor BWV565. Nothing beats a huge organ for generating deep bass.

Aug 11, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #95 of 249
Maybe not the deepest, but such an amazing track.
Massive Attack remix of Nusrat Ali Khan- "Mustt Mustt".

Amazing that there is a version of this track on youtube! Not the best quality but it's a preview
Daude- "Marinheiro so" a nice traditional Brazilian song that ends with a bit of bass

Aug 11, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #97 of 249
The disk is called "Mustt Mustt" it was on the Real World Label. Just checked  and it looks like it's been reissued.
http://www.amazon.com/Mustt-Nusrat-Fateh-Ali-Khan/dp/B000000HOB/ref=pd_sim_m_1

Aug 15, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #99 of 249
Quote:
Was just listening to this album this morning. Angel is my favorite track (first one). Good bass, but my extension test is always this bad boy...

Damn song wont get out of my head...
basshead.gif

Sirius, Venus and the lunar child
Giggle and the flames grow higher
Dance in a circle around a central fire
The indigo children

beerchug.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #100 of 249
The original is damn good, but this...It's just so deep and hypnotic. Glad you like it.

Quote:

Damn song wont get out of my head...
basshead.gif

Sirius, Venus and the lunar child
Giggle and the flames grow higher
Dance in a circle around a central fire
The indigo children

beerchug.gif

Aug 22, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #102 of 249
I have to throw in some NIN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7eAdBg6Z38

Can I say its the deepest bass on earth? Myabe not, but it's pretty damn deep.

Dec 27, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #104 of 249
Quote:
"Why So Serious?" from The Dark Knight OST by Hans Zimmer / James Newton Howard.
At 03:27 there's like a LPF on the whole mix and the low end is just insane. Listening on headphones it feels like your head is being compressed to the point of imploding.

quite an old bump 
ive been replaying this from the youtube in hd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy58-eLG6_I
at 3:27 i can hear it no problem from laptop straight to jvc ha-s500 but from my search, it doesnt seem like many people can hear this?

eg. this review of some speakers (http://ultraaudio.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=252:inevitable-), the reviewer doesnt hear it:
Sustained, very-low-frequency bass waves explode, almost machine-gun-like, into the room.
the room felt almost fully pressurized. I got the sense that the room was shifting slightly, but I heard no untoward noises coming from the Q7s’ drivers or cabinets: no rattles, vibrations, chuffing, etc. In fact, I couldn’t hear anything at all coming directly from the Q7s -- I just felt the air around me "bunching up."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back