What size Comply foam tips for the Astrotec AM-90?
Sep 24, 2012 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

batpot

New Head-Fier
Comply's site isn't much help...they basically say if the brand isn't listed, they won't support it, but a post is a post, right? They only offer about 4 different "sizes"...how much variance is there besides diameter and possibly depth?

I have some Tx-500s that are far too large for the Astrotecs.
These fit on some UE SuperFi 3, which are much larger in diameter than the Astrotecs.

Sep 24, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 33
they say that because they test each earphone with their tips to make sure the tips don't fall off in your ear, then they take a photo of it for the website. I don't know what the sound port is like for those earphones, so I won't be much help. 
The 400 size of comply tips is the average sound port size though 

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #3 of 33
Quote:
Comply's site isn't much help...they basically say if the brand isn't listed, they won't support it, but a post is a post, right? They only offer about 4 different "sizes"...how much variance is there besides diameter and possibly depth?

I have some Tx-500s that are far too large for the Astrotecs.
These fit on some UE SuperFi 3, which are much larger in diameter than the Astrotecs.

Hey batpot,

If you can't find an answer on the website, feel free to contact me. We test new earphones weekly and update our compatibility monthly.  As to your question, our tips fit the majority of IEM's on the market. For those other less fortunate earphones that are found NOT compatible, there are a number of reasons way beyond diameter or depth. Our tests are objective (Using carefully calibrated pull-force retention testing equipment to ensure our tips never come off in the ear) and some rare instances of subjective (Meaning if the tip is difficult to place on the earphone or difficult to remove or in some cases… changes the acoustics in a negative way).  Whenever possible we work closely with most of the major IEM brands to ensure compatibility and acoustical performance.  … I will ask our technical team to add Astrotecs to the list to be tested.  Keep checking our list of compatible IEMs on our “Tip Finder”  Hope this helps. If not, feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Jorgy
Comply™ Foam Nation

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #4 of 33
Is there any more info you need? I could take some pictures/measurements.

As I recall, the posts do have a barbed tip, so it seems a smaller diameter should fit w/out issue of them falling off.

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #9 of 33
I'm curious as well...just ordered a pair of AM-90's.  I have extra P-100's laying around that I ordered 2 days before my Westone 3's were stolen.  Hopefully the order wont be a loss.

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #14 of 33
Hi guys,

Apologies to continue on a older threat.

Just got my am90's from mp4nation and love them.
They've included less accessories than before (small grey pouch with the standard set of 3 rubber caps and 1 set of smallish foam tips).

I'll order the 200's but what is exactly meant with 'plastic shrouds'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back