What size Comply foam tips for the Astrotec AM-90?
Dec 12, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #23 of 33
Ah ok, thanks.
Thing is, I love these for their clarity mid and high but the bass sounds hollow. I have the suspicion that this is because the foam tips are too small.

Ordered them from MP4Nation and they only came with one pair of foam tips, 2 pairs of rubber tips, all too small. They clearly stated that the accessories might vary from the pictures provided, still a shame though.

Comply also stated that they don't have a fitting model yet, that they have not tested it yet.

I'll give it a shot with a pair of T400's I have and post if that works.

Thanks for your help guys!

Dec 13, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #24 of 33
Works with T400's as well!
Wow, what a difference, bass is present now!
It's advisable to use new foam tips (as the ones I took from other IEM's slipped off too easy)

Jul 12, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #26 of 33
I'd also like to know any cohesive report on which tips work on the AM-90s, and how they work. The package I received came with three rubbery tips and one pair of red foam tips. None of these feel great after wearing Comply tips regularly.

Are people ripping the core out of the included foam tips to get T-200s to work? Or is there a pair of Comply tips that just work?

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #27 of 33
Zebaron, I'm using the core of the included ones with the T400.
But I have to be honest, though the comply's add more bass the overall sound is disappointing, sub bass is present and highs, mids are very much missing.

Jul 13, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #28 of 33
Thanks Rooje.

For the sake of science, I put an order in for 400-, 200-, and 100-sized Comply tips. Chose the "S" series as it was the most affordable to do such experimentation with. As per posts earlier in this thread, tips numbered similarly share a size. 

Both the 400 and 200 tips were too large. The 100-sized tips are a tad too small, by dimension, but they do stretch to a snug fit with a small amount of effort. Success. Comply 100's work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back