What should I upgrade to get the most out of my money? Between DAC, Amp and Headphones.
Jan 31, 2017 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jin Choi

New Head-Fier
I just recently got a Behringer UCA222 DAC to add to my Sennheiser HD600 and JDSO2 Amp. God it blew my mind.

As the DAC was only $30 I'm assuming that I should upgrade my DAC first to get the most increase in sound quality?

Any recommendations on what are the best DAC to get $100~ and less?

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 5
Usually the upgrade path is headphone, amp and then dac. I don't think you will find a huge difference in a different dac at the budget you have. I would save my money for a amp or new headphones. The HD 6X0's sound great with a tube amp i.e.: Bottlehead Crack.

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 5
  I just recently got a Behringer UCA222 DAC to add to my Sennheiser HD600 and JDS O2 Amp. God it blew my mind.
As the DAC was only $30 I'm assuming that I should upgrade my DAC first to get the most increase in sound quality?

A Hifimediy DAC might (?) offer improvement in audio detail.
Something in the $42-$70 range.
http://hifimediy.com/DACs/ready-made-dacs?sort=p.price&order=ASC

Feb 1, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #4 of 5
What r ur audio source?
If u already have hires sound files n ur current setup can play it back to u, then getting an amp will make experience better. How much better it's total subjective as u already have an amazing headphone and they will shine even more with better equipment

Sent from OnePlus 3T

Feb 1, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #5 of 5
  I just recently got a Behringer UCA222 DAC to add to my Sennheiser HD600 and JDSO2 Amp. God it blew my mind.

Might as well just save up and upgrade to a really good DAC and a slight upgrade on the amp. Look into the AudioGD NFB-11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back