What should i replace my Beats by Dre. Solo HD with?
Mar 2, 2012 at 10:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

EPICFAILXD

100+ Head-Fier
requirements: under US200$, no overpowering bass or treble, durable, reasonable comfort etc

thanks

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #3 of 21
Doesn't matter really. My personal preference would lean toward a warmer sound signature. I'm a bit of a basshead, so I kinda find cold/neutral sound signatures a bit boring (no offence to Etymotic fans).

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #9 of 21
Used the $29 off coupon at Guitar Center to purchase the HD 25 earlier this week :) $170.99 + tax 

I am shocked how comfortable they are. Everything I read said "clamping force" etc. Not an issue for me at all. 

Mar 3, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #10 of 21
I like Ultrasone as a brand.  I know not everyone loves them and they are a more divisive brand than Beyer or Sennheiser.  But I have owned four different pairs and use a pair of Ultrasone's as my go to portable headphones.  I like the Hifi 580's but noticed recently the 780's are $151 on Amazon.  Ultrasone's are very comfortable and durable for the price.  They fold flat and travel well in a bag and have a very good sound for a closed headphone.  I wish they were a bit warmer, but Ultrasone will meet the bass head's goals.  So they may be a very good fit.  And I like the Ultrasones $100-$300 stuff much better than Sennheiser.  I feel like Sennheiser's closed headphones sound a little dead until you get to the 595/98 or 650 but those are open cans anyway.  Best of luck.

Mar 3, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #11 of 21
K guys, thanks for all the suggestions
biggrin.gif
 I'll be going with either the HD25, the HFI-580, or the AKG K242 HD (anyone here heard of them?)

Now....all I need to do is sell my ******* Solo's. -_-

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #12 of 21
From what I've read, it is also possible to contact the people at Razordog Deals or J&R Electronics and ask for a price reduction on the HD25-1 IIs to bring them down to $170

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #13 of 21

Quote:
From what I've read, it is also possible to contact the people at Razordog Deals or J&R Electronics and ask for a price reduction on the HD25-1 IIs to bring them down to $170

Lol I live in Hong Kong so idk if I can do that... and HD25's (not the Adidas Originals) cost $2340HK at the local HMV store... Convert that to US$ = US$299.52

A little more background info about me... I'm 14 and I'm not exactly what you'd call 'cash-strapped', so yeah I'm a bit budget-conscious :p

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #14 of 21

Quote:
I'm a bit budget-conscious :p

For around $100 USD (no idea how much it would be in the Hong Kong area) the Philips Citiscape Downtown headphones may interest you. They come in purple, silver, or brown colors (unfortunately no black).

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/philips-citiscape-downtown

If isolation is not a major issue, the Creative Aurvana Live! headphones are also a potential option. They're small enough to be a competent portable headphone but are able to enclose my ears completely. They sound great, but unfortunately do not isolate much. They can be purchased off of Amazon frequently for ~$60 USD.

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #15 of 21

Quote:
For around $100 USD (no idea how much it would be in the Hong Kong area) the Philips Citiscape Downtown headphones may interest you. They come in purple, silver, or brown colors (unfortunately no black).

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/philips-citiscape-downtown

If isolation is not a major issue, the Creative Aurvana Live! headphones are also a potential option. They're small enough to be a competent portable headphone but are able to enclose my ears completely. They sound great, but unfortunately do not isolate much. They can be purchased off of Amazon frequently for ~$60 USD.

I'm thinking of looking at the Aurvana Live, as the Phillips look a bit girly for me (I'm a guy :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back