What should I get?
Mar 23, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #31 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidcotton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find Iheadphones a strange site. Some of the prices are a bargain whilst others are a bit What? Can't argue with the service though so far
smily_headphones1.gif

Agreed. Their original price on the Shure SRH240 was pretty good. It was about £45.99, I think. Now, they're charging £55.99. They're doing the UE Super Fi 5 VI for half the retail price, then not so good on the Shure SRH440; it's still £20 below the RRP, but it's also £20 above the best price I found on Google. Then the Klipsch Image S4 and S4i, they're charging the full retail price for those.

Apr 27, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #32 of 32
Hi everyone. I'm having to revive the thread again.

I'll just bring things up to date. In the end, I went with the Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5 vi. Unfortunately, they went faulty last week (sound gone from one side), I phoned up Logitech, and after sending them a picture of the headphones with my reference number on a piece of paper, they agreed to ship out a brand new pair, and that arrived yesterday. I'm not gonna use them though; I'm keeping them sealed up and sending them back for an exchange. I did try to get a refund, but they only do refunds on the first 7 days, and frankly, I'm lucky to even get the exchange from them considering how unorthodox it is.

Anyway, I have to scour through the pages again now to look for a decent replacement. The catch this time is that they won't do an exchange for anything less than the value of the UEs, so the headphones have to be at least £89.99 on the site. I don't mind spending a little bit extra if it means a very decent pair, but please bear in mind that I've already sunk £90 into this, and I'd prefer not to sink too much more into this. At the moment, I'll keep the maximum at £100, but my EMA goes in on Saturday, so by then, the maximum will possibly rise to £150, but I'd prefer if it didn't.

Also, I'd like to keep away from IEMs, please. I did try to get used to them again, but I just really couldn't.

I've got about 20 headphones bookmarked at the moment, but here's the two I've really got my eye on:

WeSC Alp Horn (True Red) - £89.99
wesc-alp-horn-true-red.jpg

I've seen quite a few different WeSC headphones in the local Stormfront store, which is basically the closest thing we have to an actual Apple Store, so I'm sort of assuming that WeSC is a fashion brand, like Skullcandy, so they might not sound good, but considering that they're more expensive than usual fashion headphones, and the fact that Stormfront stocks every WeSC headphones, except these, they might actually be good.

Shure SRH440 - £99.99
shure-srh440.jpg

Yes, I'm leaning towards these again. It's little brother, the SRH240, has great sound quality, so my best guess is that the 440 has all the great qualities of the 240, but also addresses the flaws, such as the cable, which is detachable in the 440, which is a big plus. It's 3m though, which is a bit of a minus, but I've experienced it before with the Sennheiser HD 215.

And here are the other headphones I've bookmarked:

Sennheiser PXC 250 - £99.99

Sennheiser PXC 250-II - £109.99

Sennheiser HD 380 - £94.99

Sennheiser HD 555 - £89.99

Skullcandy SK Pro - £93.99

AKG K142 HD - £94.99

AKG K172 HD - £109.99

AKG K240 MK II - £95.99

AKG K242 HD - £114.99

AKG K271 MK II - £109.99

Audio Technica ATH-ES7 WH - £119.99