What Should I Get???
Mar 5, 2008 at 4:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dap_pad

500+ Head-Fier
Ok, I recently just got some free cash
biggrin.gif
Around $270 ish and obviously, I'm going to use it to buy some Head-Fi stuff
biggrin.gif

So just asking out of all these new great products out right now, which one should I get based on what I have already. I don't know if I should get new Headphones, IEMs, AMP/DAC or DAP?? HELP!!!

Oh and if should get an AMP/DAC combo, should I also sell my Mini^3...?

Or should I save up my money for the yet to be released iRiver SPINN, which I absolutely love
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, I recently just got some free cash
biggrin.gif
Around $270 ish and obviously, I'm going to use it to buy some Head-Fi stuff
biggrin.gif

So just asking out of all these new great products out right now, which one should I get based on what I have already. I don't know if I should get new Headphones, IEMs, AMP/DAC or DAP?? HELP!!!

Oh and if should get an AMP/DAC combo, should I also sell my Mini^3...?

Or should I save up my money for the yet to be released iRiver SPINN, which I absolutely love
smily_headphones1.gif

You haven't listed what you have (except for the Mini^3).

I believe that your profile is likely out of date, since you list that you want a set of Ety ER4P's and yet they are not an option.

So without knowing exactly what you have I would recommend that you purchase $270 Worth of ERS Paper
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #5 of 8
Oh right... Take a look at my sig, it's the most updated record of my stuff
smily_headphones1.gif
LOL

But here's just a reiteration of what's in my sig:

DAPs ->: Samsung YP-C1 512MB, iRiver Clix2 8GB Redline, Cowon A2 30GB, Sandisk Sansa E200 (Rockbox'ed)
Headphones, IEMs, etc -> Denon D2000 (Markl Modded), Future Sonic Atrio M5, Yuin PK1, JVC Marshmallow (Black), Koss KSC-75, Sennheiser MX550, Logitech Wireless Headphones
Amps -> MisterX Mini³
Want -> HeadRoom Pico (Clear Top) *drool*, iRiver SPINN, Ultrasone HFI-780

I'm not considering the ER4Ps anymore though, since I discovered I crave bass LOL

Mar 5, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #6 of 8
you could some cans that appreciate amplification. you already have a closed denon. 3 choices on the poll show you are into bass oriented while the K501 (open) is known for the midrange and soundstage.

i think a good all rounder would be a used HD580 (w/ 650 cable & grills) or HD600

save for a used DAC1 (the best money i have spent on this hobby) and wait for a good deal.

Mar 6, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #7 of 8
Sorry. The forum at some point defaulted my account to "Show Signatures" OFF

So I wasn't seeing any signatures.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back