What should I get?
Apr 6, 2006 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

this is my first post. I have been lurking on here for a while, but finally decided to get serious about this hobby. I have a $200-$250 dollar budget and I would really like to get some headphones that are a big step up from the ibuds that came with my ipod. I listen to mostly 90's rock. I am open to all types of headphones (open and closed) and I would rather not have an amp, but if I have to, I will. If I need an amp, then add $50 more to the budget. All help is appriecated. Thanks Guys!

Apr 6, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2426
Hi guys,

this is my first post. I have been lurking on here for a while, but finally decided to get serious about this hobby. I have a $200-$250 dollar budget and I would really like to get some headphones that are a big step up from the ibuds that came with my ipod. I listen to mostly 90's rock. I am open to all types of headphones (open and closed) and I would rather not have an amp, but if I have to, I will. If I need an amp, then add $50 more to the budget. All help is appriecated. Thanks Guys!

No amp, step up from Ipod buds and for 200 you can have UE Super.fi 5 Pros... mine make me smile every day, awesome IEMs

Apr 6, 2006 at 11:17 AM Post #6 of 10
Depends on how you will be using them. If you want an awesome sounding can that doesn't require an amp, at first!! Then I would look into the SR225 from Grado. If you plan on using them for portable, then a good pair of IEM's like the Shure E4c's, or the UM2's!
icon10.gif

Apr 6, 2006 at 11:45 AM Post #7 of 10
HD555 or HD595 with PA2V2 wouldn't be bad either. Anything suggested so far would be a big step up from stock bods, no worries there.

Apr 7, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #10 of 10
ok, so i've narrowed it down to two.

Grado SR-225
Sennheiser HD-595

Which do you think would be better for only music listening. I mostly listen to 90's rock, but can you listen to other types of music with Grados? The Grados also don't look very comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back