What should i get (IEM) for budget of $350??? sugestion please
Nov 2, 2011 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69

Hagan

New Head-Fier
I'm listenning to all kind of music but not realy crazy for rap sub woofer kinda bass but more of tight punch bass .
I'm currently move from stock ipod earbuds!!! to apple inear and already i heard the different of  two drivers IEM and like it. Untill now i never know of those high end IEM exist to me ofcouse!!!
I have heard alot of raven about the Westone UM2 and UM3x and also the wetone 4.
Westone 4 is out of reach for me cause i can only go as far as $350, but the UM2 and UM3X is possible for me to get.
My question is does the Westone UM2 or UM3x worth the money and defferent ( as a better) to get then the apple inear i mean $80 vs $350, i hope the saying "you get what you pay for " is still true in  this case.
Sorry my english is not good, hope you guys understand what i'm trying to say and asking for you input.
Please educate me
Thank you

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #2 of 69
"i hope the saying "you get what you pay for " is still true in  this case."

I believe it is.

Some things to consider.
1. Your music source
2. Your music quality
3. Portability
4. Comfort
5. Noise isolation

I've purchased the Sony EX1000, Shure 535 and Westone 4's each at a price under your budget amount, but it required a good deal of patience and hunting around for a good deal.

Once you pass the mid-tier of earphones, you may find your music quality and/or source are lacking and better earphones are of no use.

I believe right now the UE Triple-Fi 10's are a great value.  Usually considered one of the higher end IEM's for the $200-$300 range.

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #3 of 69

Look into FX700. You may be able to get a used pair here on headfi within your budget. They have timbre to die for. Mids are really neutral, sparkly treble and bass is powerful but well controlled. They have a large sound stage and are good all-arounders for multiple genres. Maybe the new Sennheiser IE80s may also be to your liking but wait for reviews to make sure they fixed the veil on the old IE8s. Also the Sony EX1000 maybe what you are looking for. They are very detailed, super tight and deep, deep bass. Large airy sound stage. Sparkly treble (very romantic sounding).
Quote:
"i hope the saying "you get what you pay for " is still true in  this case."

I believe it is.

Some things to consider.
1. Your music source
2. Your music quality
3. Portability
4. Comfort
5. Noise isolation

I've purchased the Sony EX1000, Shure 535 and Westone 4's each at a price under your budget amount, but it required a good deal of patience and hunting around for a good deal.

Once you pass the mid-tier of earphones, you may find your music quality and/or source are lacking and better earphones are of no use.

I believe right now the UE Triple-Fi 10's are a great value.  Usually considered one of the higher end IEM's for the $200-$300 range.

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 69
I suggest to look into Ortofon series: e-Q7 or even e-Q5
e-Q5 is the newest of mentioned above. Priced cheaper as well.
Overall ortofons isolate much better then FX700 or other open-vent type IEMs.
Plenty of reviews on headfi. Have to import this  from Japan but that is often easier too.

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #5 of 69

Quote:
I'm listenning to all kind of music but not realy crazy for rap sub woofer kinda bass but more of tight punch bass .
I'm currently move from stock ipod earbuds!!! to apple inear and already i heard the different of  two drivers IEM and like it. Untill now i never know of those high end IEM exist to me ofcouse!!!
I have heard alot of raven about the Westone UM2 and UM3x and also the wetone 4.
Westone 4 is out of reach for me cause i can only go as far as $350, but the UM2 and UM3X is possible for me to get.
My question is does the Westone UM2 or UM3x worth the money and defferent ( as a better) to get then the apple inear i mean $80 vs $350, i hope the saying "you get what you pay for " is still true in  this case.
Sorry my english is not good, hope you guys understand what i'm trying to say and asking for you input.
Please educate me
Thank you

When you pay above ~$200, you will start to receive a lot less return.

Don't research, just roll a dice and buy one of these, you will be a very happy person.

1- Final Audio FI-BA-A1

2- Sony EX600

3- Sony XBA-3

4- Ultimate Ears UE700

5- Vsonic GR07

6- JVC FXT90

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #6 of 69

Quote:
I suggest to look into Ortofon series: e-Q7 or even e-Q5
e-Q5 is the newest of mentioned above. Priced cheaper as well.
Overall ortofons isolate much better then FX700 or other open-vent type IEMs.
Plenty of reviews on headfi. Have to import this  from Japan but that is often easier too.

It also depends on if hes concerned with isolation and if he wants a large sound stage. With isolation comes the lack of sound stage at least compared to vented IEMS. I love isolation like the next person but then again depending on the situation it can be cumbersome or even dangerous.

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #7 of 69

Quote:
Please educate me
Thank you

I've heard the UM3x and W4. They both have very controlled bass. IEM with a tight punch bass would go to the TF10.

Nov 2, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #8 of 69
Sony EX7550, RE272, HF5, UM3x, CK100, E-Q7 and GR10 are highely recommended.

Nov 2, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #9 of 69
Quote:
Sony EX7550, RE272, HF5, UM3x, CK100, E-Q7 and GR10 are highely recommended.

Quote:

Don't research, just roll two dice and buy one of these, you will be a very happy person.

1- Final Audio FI-BA-A1

2- Sony EX600

3- Sony XBA-3

4- Ultimate Ears UE700

5- Vsonic GR07

6- JVC FXT90

7- EX7550

8- RE272

9- HF5

10- CK100

11- EQ7

12- GR10

Fixed. :wink:

Nov 2, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #10 of 69
um !!! so much info to research for but that is great . I'm also a drum and guitar player, i want to use the phone for that practice and monitoring while i'm playing with my band for this reason the westone was first on mine mind.

As for listening pleasure i use Zune or Ipod touch and my music are in wav or mp3 320kb so i don't know if those factors would be a "bottle neck" that preventing me from getting all the sound that any of the IEM mention in this thread would bring.

I like to have an IEM that would give me the natural sound as much as possible like it would give the sound that make me think that i m standing right in front of the instrument that playing

I got some reading research to do!! but please keep the suggestion and info coming.

Thank so much guys for taking your time to help a n00bie like me =:)

Nov 3, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #11 of 69

Quote:
um !!! so much info to research for but that is great . I'm also a drum and guitar player, i want to use the phone for that practice and monitoring while i'm playing with my band for this reason the westone was first on mine mind.

As for listening pleasure i use Zune or Ipod touch and my music are in wav or mp3 320kb so i don't know if those factors would be a "bottle neck" that preventing me from getting all the sound that any of the IEM mention in this thread would bring.

I like to have an IEM that would give me the natural sound as much as possible like it would give the sound that make me think that i m standing right in front of the instrument that playing

I got some reading research to do!! but please keep the suggestion and info coming.

For stage monitoring use I'd recommend:

- Sony MDR-7550 (it's called EX800ST in Japan)

- Vsonic GR07

- Shure SE425

iPod touch and Zune with 320kbps are fine.

All of them are designed for stage monitoring use, but they're really popular with portable music listening too.

Nov 3, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #12 of 69
Thanks kiteki.
You have mention in couple post above that  "When you pay above ~$200, you will start to receive a lot less return." and i realy don't want to waist money just because the phone got 3 speakers or 4 speakers cost $350 that perform just a bit above the one that cost $200.
Moving from stock ipod earbuds $15 to the apple inear ( 2 speakers) $80 is worth the money and it got a big different in sound!!!!
Now with this upgrade  for example the the Westone UM2 ( $230) would give me that big to hug different in sound?? and to get all the way to Westone UM3x or Westone 4 or Shure se425 worth the money doing so for the sound??? Sorry i refferred to Westone alot because that is the brand i did most research on and it does not mean that brand is in my favor, may be latter after all the research is done but for now anything goes.
I realy like to just take your advice and just get one out of those you have recommended to me above but i only get one shot at this and won't be able to get another set in this price range for the next few year so i have to be very carefull with this, hope you guys all understand .
Don't give up on me.
Thanks

Nov 3, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #13 of 69
I'd say the EX1000 is probably your best bet then. But if you want even more natural sound but you'll be moved farther away then the FX700 will be the best bet for natural timbre.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back