What should I do for 2 days in Brussels?
Jul 4, 2006 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

NEO

500+ Head-Fier
I will trevel to Brussels next week and will be there for 2 days. Can someone who lives there or has been there recommend what to do/ where to go?
Thanks,
NEO

Jul 4, 2006 at 7:14 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin
Take the Eurostar into Paris ? It's only like 30mins.

Haha, I was going to make exactly this recommendation!

Jul 4, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #4 of 11
There are minors here so I can not comment.
cool.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 4, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #6 of 11
I just want to put in a good word for the Belgians. Belgians rule. Belgians are amazingly down to earth, and you will never get less than the absolute truth from a Belgian, regardless of how it may hurt your feelings; they just don't care, they are almost pathologically attached to telling the TRUTH. (Unlike most Americans who are born, bred and expected to shovel as much BS as humanly possible.) I find that extremely valuable and endearing. And they are almost always right, too. It's been my privelege to work closely with many Belgians over the years, and they've all impressed me greatly. Terrific people.

Never had the chance to go there, but some day I will!

P.S. They also speak and write better English than 98% of us.

Jul 5, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by NEO
I will trevel to Brussels next week and will be there for 2 days. Can someone who lives there or has been there recommend what to do/ where to go?

If you like old stones, rent a car and drive to Gent (Ghent) and Brugge (Bruges), or take Thalys. Also, enjoy the food and chocolates...

Jul 5, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nisbeth
Try the local beer
biggrin.gif

/U.

I second this one. Forget Stella Artois, that's crap. Check out the small local places and try the Belgian ales, if you're into beer at all.

I would kill for two days in Brussels!

Jul 5, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin
Take the Eurostar into Paris ? It's only like 30mins.

It's Thalys (Eurostar is the Paris-London line, although Eurostar also has fast London-Brussels service via the North of France). And more like 85 minutes (still pretty darn fast, compared to the slowpoke service to Amsterdam, thanks to Dutch environmentalists).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back