What should i buy?
Apr 20, 2009 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Adamora

500+ Head-Fier
I just got paid for a recent shoot i did for a construction company, and im looking to buy a new pair of headphones, i have an iBasso T4 on the way along with an LOD.

So what can i buy with $580...?

The HD650 is said to be the perfect headphone for many....

Thoughts
biggrin.gif
?

ps: please dont ignore this thread :[

Apr 20, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #2 of 12
i have the same trouble and i also have a T4. HD600 above would need a proper desktop amp at least.

i tried T4 with HD555. seems ok. T4 is still a iem amp. so i guess..... buy one that doesn't require amping would be better.

Apr 20, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #3 of 12
Thanks for your input
smily_headphones1.gif

i will save up money sooner or later for a desktop amp, But id like to buy a good headphone that can be powered by my current/upcoming gear.

Also, what about the AD1000?

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 12
Hard to tell. You have a nice budget in that you can easily buy a high-end headphone but people can not really recommend something when they don't know what you want to do with it and what music you like.
Good times are coming to you, that is for sure.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #6 of 12
Well ive been reading some reviews about the D5000, and it looks GREAT
biggrin.gif
, shall i take the plunge? do they need to be amped? if so will the T4 be enough?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Loudspeakers!

NO!!

i recently put my Z-5500's in the closet....they made my ears bleed after listening to the AD700's.

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #7 of 12
^ Every "better" headphone benefits from amplification. The case of 'need amplification' is only that they won't be driven to their full potential without one. They will still kick lesser headphone's butt though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's because they're crap. Try some proper Hi-Fi speakers.

i got them for $149 ;_; cant complain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Every "better" headphone benefits from amplification. The case of 'need amplification' is only that they won't be driven to their full potential without one. They will still kick lesser headphone's butt though.
smily_headphones1.gif

D5000 it is then
biggrin.gif
!

Audiocubes is the cheapest so ill go with that, 1 week shipping time is fail ;_;

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:29 AM Post #12 of 12
Change of plans, im getting a Markl D5000
biggrin.gif
!

Somehow the better alternative is even cheaper then getting it from audiocubes ;_;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back