What should I buy?
Dec 17, 2007 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

hueys

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm new here, so bear with me.

It's almost Christmas, and I am determined to buy a great set of headphones for the holidays. Basically, my budget is strictly 200 dollars, so I have narrowed my choices down to two that I like:

Sennheiser 595s
Audio-Technica ATH ANC7

Now, from the reviews I've read, the Audio-Techs doesn't seem that bad in both sound quality and noise cancelling. Besides, the noise cancelling feature something else that attracts my attention.

Without doubt, the Sennheisers are better. However, since my budget does not allow a source better than a mere Ipod, I have the following question:

Due to the source(Ipod), would I be able to tell a significant difference in audio quality between the ATH ANC7s and the 595s? If not, I might just save 50 bucks and go with the Audio-Techs.

Also, could you guys recommend me some other headphones?

I am really hoping to learn from y'all.

Peace.

Dec 18, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #2 of 3
?? you haven't given much info on what you need them to do.

A few questions:
what type of music do you listen to
where will you be using them (in a noisy environment ?)
what will you be doing at the time: jogging, sitting at a desk, commuting etc.
will you you mind if others can hear what your listening to.
Do you need to hear telephones/people, traffic etc.
which headphones/earbuds/IEM's (in-ear monitors) have you heard and what did/didn't you like ?
Do you prefer listening at loud or at quite volumes ?
Is there anything else you specifically want your headphones to do ?

good luck
smily_headphones1.gif

p.s. Welcome to Head-Fi : sorry about your wallet
biggrin.gif

p.p.s. once you've figured out what you are looking for check around Headphones For Sale / Trade - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio as there are often great prices and you'll not loose much if you want to resell anything you buy. Also doing an occasional search on Head-Fi for the phrase "giveaway" might win you some treats
smily_headphones1.gif

My 200th post yipee !!
340smile.gif

Dec 18, 2007 at 6:51 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiug31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
p.s. Welcome to Head-Fi : sorry about your wallet
biggrin.gif

yep

Yuin PK1.. semi-closed headphone.... around $140 very portable. big value. and you can say "it sounds just like a $500 headphone"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back